Simple & Fun DIY Fall Leaves Baby Tunnel Activity
Today we are making a quick activity tunnel for baby with an autumn theme. This easy homemade baby activity tunnel has hanging fall leaves for baby to explore. Making this baby tunnel is easy to set up and under supervision, baby will have hours of fun.
DIY Baby Tunnel Activity
Baby tunnel activities encourage baby to explore their surroundings while experiencing separation from the space around them they are used to seeing.
- Gross motor skills are developed for baby like crawling and scooting.
- Fine motor skills are developed for baby like reaching and grasping.
I love setting up a simple baby game for my son like this discovery tunnel.
This article contains affiliate links.
Baby Discovery Tunnel Activity
I was inspired to create this discovery tunnel for baby while working on a fall craft. I couldn’t resist using the fall leaves that I had bought at my local craft store for my son. This is simple to set up and you can use the leaves for another project when your done!
This discovery tunnel could also use a different theme if you have other things on hand.
How to Make a Fall BAby Discovery Tunnel
Materials Needed for Baby Tunnel
- Fake Fall Leaves
- Hole Punch
- Baby play tunnel <—my favorite baby tunnel
Directions to Make a Fall Baby Game
Punch a hole at the base of each leaf.
Thread some of the twine or string through the hole and make a knot.
Tape each hanging leaf to the top of your crawling tunnel and you’re done!
Baby Tunnel Game Variation Idea
We put our fan behind the opening of the tunnel so that are leaves were floating and flying all around as my kids crawled through the tunnel (it happened to be a very hot day!).
It was a wonderful way to bring new life to one of our favorite baby toys.
DIY Baby Tunnel Tip
Our play tunnel came with velcro around the openings. I wrapped the velcro around the legs of a chair on either side of the hanging leaves so that the tunnel wouldn’t move.
This made it easier for the baby to crawl through without the added jostling of the play tunnel.
Clean Up & Storage of Fall Baby Tunnel
When it was time to clean up, we folded our play tunnel up and put it away without taking off the leaves. It folded up easily and my kids can’t wait to play again!
Our Experience with Making a Fall Baby Tunnel
While I’m always trying to get my busy baby outdoors to stretch and play, there are times when we just have to be indoors (much to his displeasure!). So we’ve come up with easy baby games that he can play while I throw laundry in the washing machine or start dinner. He loves to be on the move, so this activity was a hit!
More Play Tunnels that We Love
- GeerWest Toddlers Tunnel for Kids – pop up & crawl through baby tunnel toy for children
- 6-ft Kids Tunnel for Toddlers – pop up play tunnel tent for babies to be used indoors or outdoors
- Hide N Side Kids Play Tunnels – indoor outdoor crawl through tunnel for kids dogs toddlers babies and children
- EagleStone 3 in 1 kids play tent with ball pit for toddlers crawl through tunnel baby tent with basketball hoop, space playhouse and rocket ship design
- Kiddey Caterpillar Play Tunnel and Tent Combo – 2 piece set with discovery station for early learning and muscle development
More Baby Activities from Kids Activities Blog
- Oh so many fun activities for 1 year olds!
- Best sensory activities for 1 year olds!
- Make a baby play station with things you already have around the house.
- Here are some fun learning games for 1 year olds.
- How to entertain baby all day long!
- Oh so many fun activities for infants!
- Educational activities for 1 year olds.
- High chair baby games
- Baby games with a ball
- Muffin tin activities for baby
Did your baby love the discovery tunnel? What tunnel activities have you tried with your baby? Tell us in the comments below.