These simple and fun kids activities use just a handful of popsicle sticks, ice cream sticks or craft sticks. If you are looking for easy and entertaining indoor activities for kids, you are in the right place. These activities and games with popsicle sticks are the perfect winter boredom buster or rainy day activity. Use these popsicle stick activities at home or in the classroom.
Best Indoor Activities with Popsicle Sticks for Kids
With two small children I’ve got to come up with things to fill in the gaps when I don’t have other fun things planned or we are stuck inside due to weather.
Related: Popsicle stick crafts for kids
One reliable way to keep kids busy, running around and engaged is to pull out a bag of craft sticks, popsicle sticks or ice cream sticks. Popsicle stick activities are the perfect boredom buster! Every single one of these fun things ONLY require craft sticks and nothing else…
Popsicle STick Games & Activities
- Build a race track for your toy cars.
- Practice creating and identifying shapes using just popsicle sticks.
- Spell your name in ice cream sticks!
- Play hopscotch. Wonderful way to get out all that extra energy!
- Play swords. With a little boy, everything turns into a sword fight!
- See how many popsicle sticks you can stack without tipping them over. This popsicle stick game is great for practicing concentration and patience.
- Play tic-tac-toe. Make a grid with sticks and grab two small toys for the “X” and “O”.
- Bend ice cream sticks! If you submerge craft sticks in water over night, you can bend them into shapes. Check out how to bend popsicle sticks without breaking them.
- Make a pretend tight rope and walk across without “falling” off.
- Count how many craft sticks long items in the house are.
Make Something with Popsicle Sticks
- Craft stick flag
- Make something with popsicle sticks
- Craft popsicle stick ornaments
- Make kid art puppets
- Make a catapult
- Make popsicles with a surprise
- Craft stick puzzle
- “Plant” a number garden
- DIY toy log cabin
- Make popsicle stick snowflakes
Related: More popsicle stick ideas
This article contains affiliate links.
Popsicle Stick Resources
- Grab a big box of popsicle sticks
- We love these rainbow colored craft sticks
- Try lollipop sticks
- Or jumbo popsicle sticks
- Or these cool ice cream sticks
- Have you seen the sawtooth wood craft sticks for building projects?
- Or these colorful ice cream sticks with holes perfect for crafts?
Popsicle Stick Craft Kits for Kids
- Make a DIY Popsicle Stick Wooden House from this craft kit
- Create these cute little animals with popsicle stick kits
MORE KIDS ACTIVITIES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Every day we publish kids activities here!
- Learning activities have never been more fun.
- Kids science activities are for curious kids.
- Try some summer kids activities.
- Or some indoor kids activities.
- Free kids activities are also screen-free.
- Boo! Halloween activities for kids.
- Oh so many kids activities ideas for older kids.
- Thanksgiving kids activities!
- Easy ideas for kids activities.
- Let’s do 5 minute crafts for kids!
What are you going to do with a bag of popsicle sticks today? Tell us in the comments!