Today we are making popsicle stick snowflakes and decorating them with glitter and jewels. This super easy winter theme crafts for kids of all ages can be hung from the ceiling like snowflakes falling and also make fun homemade Christmas tree ornaments.
Easy Popsicle Stick Snowflakes Craft for Kids
These glittery, jeweled craft stick snowflakes are the perfect kids craft for a snow day!
Related: Popsicle Stick Ornaments to make for the holidays
This article contains affiliate links.
- Wooden popsicle sticks (also called craft sticks)
- Metallic white paint
- Paint brushes
- Sequins, glitter, and jewels
- Glue or hot glue gun & glue stick
- Thread or fishing line
Paint the craft sticks white for a base color. We used metallic white paint so that it was shimmery and shiny, but you could use any paint that you have on hand.
Allow the paint to dry.
Glue the popsicle sticks together into a snowflake shape. We thought using 3 popsicle sticks glued together to make a 6 prong snowflake looked the most like a snowflake.
Cover the visible parts of each arm with glue, then add glitter, sequins, and jewels to the snowflakes for an extra snowy sparkle!
We hung our snowflakes using fishing line.
They look so pretty in front of the window where the sun can shine off the glitter and jewels!
MORE HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- If you loved this DIY popsicle stick ornament, then you definitely won’t want to miss this awesome list of Christmas ornaments kids can make!
- We have over 100 Christmas crafts kids can make.
- Homemade ornaments have never been easier…clear ornament ideas!
- Turn kids artwork into ornaments to give or decorate for the holidays.
- Easy salt dough ornament you can make.
- Pipe cleaner Christmas crafts turn into ornaments to hang on the Christmas tree.
- One of our favorite painted Christmas ornaments starts with clear glass ornaments.
This article was written several years ago originally as a sponsored post, but has been updated with additional information and the removal of sponsorship language.
How did your popsicle stick snowflakes turn out? Did you use them has homemade ornaments or to hang like snow falling?