If you’re looking for the best Mexican flag coloring pages, then you’re in the right place. Today we have two free coloring pages featuring the flag of Mexico.
Keep on scrolling to find the free PDF file for your lesson plans or for an after-school activity at home. Grab your red, white, and green crayons, and let’s get started.
Did you know that the Kids Activities Blog coloring pages have been downloaded over 100K times in just the last year or two?!
FREE Printable MEXICAN FLAG Coloring Pages
This Mexico flag coloring page set is a great way to start your Cinco de Mayo or Day of the Dead celebrations or simply as part of your country flags lesson plan.
Although many people think Mexico is in Central America, the truth is that Mexico is part of North America, alongside the United States and Canada.
Mexican culture is known for being rich in many aspects (and we are not just talking about the delicious Mexican food!). Have you ever seen a map of Mexico? The country is huge! From Chichen Itzá to Teotihuacán, the country is filled with amazing places that are interesting for both younger children, older children, and adults too.
Let’s learn about Mexico with these free Mexico coloring pages – featuring the one and only Mexican flag.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR MEXICAN FLAG COLORING SHEETS
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- (Optional) Something to cut with: scissors or safety scissors
- (Optional) Something to glue with: glue stick, rubber cement, school glue
- The printed Mexican flag coloring pages template pdf — see button below to download & print
Mexican Flag Coat of Arms Coloring Page
Our first coloring page features a simple Mexican flag. Because of the simple lines on this coloring page, this printable would work best with younger children who use crayola crayons, but children of all ages would have fun coloring it too.
Do you know what’s the meaning of the image in the center of the flag? According to the legend, the Mexicas, an ancient civilization in pre-Colombian Mexico, were guided by a god to build the city Tenochtitlán (nowadays Mexico City) exactly in the place where they found an eagle eating a snake on top of a cactus. That’s why it’s an important part of the flag!
Mexican Flag Waving in the Wind Coloring Page
Our second coloring page features the Mexican flag proudly waving in the wind. I imagine this coloring page with a blue sky, maybe kids can draw in some people saluting the flag or simply admiring it. Remember the order of the colors: Green is always the closest to the pole, white is in the middle, and red is the last color.
Download & Print Free Mexican Flag Coloring Pages PDF Here
Developmental Benefits of Coloring Pages
We may think of coloring pages as just fun, but they also have some really cool benefits for both kids and adults:
- For kids: Fine motor skills development and hand-eye coordination develop with the action of coloring or painting coloring pages. It also helps with learning patterns, color recognition, structure of drawing and so much more!
- For adults: Relaxation, deep breathing and low-set up creativity are enhanced with coloring pages.
More Coloring Pages from Kids Activities Blog
- Here is our favorite collection of coloring pages that you can print right now!
- Want more Mexican flag activities? Here are three hands-on Mexican flag crafts for you.
- Celebrate Day of the Dead with this super cute Day of the Dead doodle coloring page.
- Download and print our free Day of the Dead coloring pages – perfect for kids and adults alike.
- Make your Day of the Dead celebrations even more fun with these dia de los muertos ideas.
- Here are many cool ways to make Cinco de mayo for kids more entertaining.
- Let’s learn about Cinco de mayo with these fun cinco de mayo facts printable coloring pages.
Did you enjoy our Mexican flag coloring pages?