Let’s learn what the different parts of the American flag represent with these fun & educational American flag coloring pages. Download the American flag coloring sheets, grab your red and blue crayons to honor the American flag.
The American flag represents the United States’ identity and long history. To learn about this important patriotic symbol in a fun way, download & print our free American flag printable set which includes two coloring pages.
The Kids Activities Blog coloring pages have been downloaded over 100K times in just the last year or two!
Free Printable American Flag Coloring Pages
The American Flag is extremely important because it represents the history and culture of the United States. Kids can use these coloring sheets to learn about our history in a fun engaging way. Let’s get started with what each element of the flag means:
- The 13 Stripes: There are seven red stripes and six white stripes that represent the original thirteen colonies that made up America.
- The 50 Stars: The flag has 50 stars representing each state in the United States of America.
- The Colors: Red represents hardiness and valor, White represents purity and innocence, and Blue represents perseverance and justice.
Now you have an educational but also fun way of explaining what the American flag represents to kids – plus, you also get free coloring pages. Yay!
Now let’s see what supplies you’ll need to color these pictures:
This article contains affiliate links.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR AMERICAN FLAG COLORING SHEETS
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- (Optional) Something to cut with: scissors or safety scissors
- (Optional) Something to glue with: glue stick, rubber cement, school glue
- The printed American flag coloring pages template pdf — see pink button below to download & print
Betsy Ross Flag Coloring Page
Our first American flag coloring page includes two versions of the American flag: the current version with the 50 stars, and an early design called the Betsy Ross flag. The Betsy Ross flag’s distinguishing feature is the thirteen 5-pointed stars in a circle, which represent the 13 colonies that fought for their independence during the American Revolution.
United States Map Coloring Page
Our second free American flag coloring page features a flag-shaped like the United States, with the word “U.S.A” in bold letters on top. This coloring page is perfect for kids who are learning their ABCs!
Download Download & Print Free American Flag Coloring Pages Here:
Developmental Benefits of Coloring Pages
We may think of coloring pages as just fun, but they also have some really cool benefits for both kids and adults:
- For kids: Fine motor skill development and hand-eye coordination develop with the action of coloring or painting coloring pages. It also helps with learning patterns, color recognition, structure of drawing and so much more!
- For adults: Relaxation, deep breathing and low-set up creativity are enhanced with coloring pages.
More Fun Coloring Pages & Printable Sheets from Kids Activities Blog
- We have the best collection of coloring pages for kids and adults!
- Did you know you can make an American flag made out of popsicle sticks?
- Check out these Memorial Day coloring pages too.
- We have even more free American flag pictures to color right here.
- There is something for everyone in these dozens of red white and blue dessert recipes!
- Get patriotic with these 30+ American flag house projects.
Did you enjoy our American flag coloring pages?