Melted witch treat bags are fun to make for kids of all ages. With the free Halloween treat bag printable, a paper witch hat craft and some green play dough or slime, you will have the best no-candy goody to give! This also works great as a school giveaway since it is food-free and safe for those with food allergies.
DIY Melted Witch Treat Bags
Here’s another great alternative to Halloween candy! This sure is a cute witch Halloween treat that your kids will enjoy for weeks after October 31st. I like these melted witch treat bags because they make me laugh. I can almost hear the witch screaming in the background…I am melting!
Related: Another no-candy idea is DIY Halloween soap
This article contains affiliate links.
Make Homemade Green Play Dough
The first thing to do is to make the green play dough that will go into the plastic bags which is our melted witch.
Supplies Needed to Make Green Play Dough
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 box of lime jello
How to Make Green Play Dough
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Add oil and water.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Mix until it turns doughy.
- After 5 minutes it will be hard to mix so remove it before that time.
- Let it cool and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Store in fridge.
Make Melted Witch Halloween Favors
Supplies Needed for Favors
- Plastic Baggies
- Black Construction paper
- Printable – see below
- Green Play Dough from recipe or purchased
How to Make Melted Witch Favors
Place your play dough in a baggie and flatten it out.
Make the hat using black construction paper. For each witches hat:
- Cut a small circle for a brim.
- Cut a larger 1/2 circle that you fold into a cone and tape onto the brim of the hat.
- Glue both pieces and tape over your green jello play dough.
Add your cute little note “Witching You A Happy Halloween!” on a some fun paper and tape to the inside of the hat.
Put it all together and give it as a gift!
We will definitely be making more of these for my son’s class. The little ones will love such a practical gift and the parents will be happy that it’s not more sugar!
More Halloween Ideas from Kids Activities
- Let’s play Halloween games!
- Grab these free printable Halloween math worksheets.
- Halloween science experiments are ooey and gooey!
- Your children will love make this frightening witches brew.
- Let’s do some fun Halloween door decorations.
- Halloween crafts for kids have never been easier or cuter.
- Make these super cute ghost footprint art and keep it forever!
- Halloween hairstyles you don’t want to miss.
- Oh so much fun with Halloween for kids ideas and projects.
- You’ll love these cute Halloween projects for preschoolers.
How did your melting witch treat bags turn out?