It’s monkey time! We are so excited to share with you this simple but FUN how to draw a monkey tutorial!
Download and print this tutorial to learn how to draw a super cute and silly monkey sketch. Our tutorial includes three pages with detailed steps and images on how to draw a cute monkey. So let’s get started!
How To Draw a Monkey Easy Steps
These instructions will teach how to draw a cartoon monkey – you can use erasable pens or pencils because it’s easier to modify the drawing, but you can also draw with a black pen or pencil and then color it in. Don’t forget lots of paper for practicing!
Don’t forget to add a tree and some bananas to your adorable monkey drawing!
Easy Steps to Draw a Monkey
Our three pages of how to draw a rose step by step are super easy to follow, and so much fun too! Just follow these 9 steps and you’ll have a silly monkey that you can color as you prefer.
Go grab your favorite pencil and let’s get started:
Let’s start with the monkey’s head! First, draw an oval.
Now let’s draw the ears; add two concentric circles on each side of the oval.
Let’s make the body! Add a drop shape and erase extra lines.
Add two arched lines straight down the middle – these are our monkey’s arms.
Now add two big ovals and two smaller horizontal ones for the legs.
Add two circles and connect them with an arched line.
Draw a tail by drawing an S letter.
Almost done! Let’s add some details. Draw circles for the eyes, ovals for the cheeks, a rounded triangle for the nose and a ‘w’ line for the mouth.
Well done! Your monkey is the best!
Hooray! Your cute monkey is all done! Why not draw a family of monkeys now?
Download Your How To Draw A Monkey Tutorial PDF FILE HERE:
How did your monkey turn out?
More How To Draw
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More drawing fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Discover even more How to Draw activity resources
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Monkey Crafts and Monkey Printables From Kids Activities Blog:
- Look at how cute these funny monkey coloring pages.
- You can use foam cups to make a monkey.
- These jungle animal word search printables have a monkey too.
- This monkey ice cream is so cute! And tasty!
How did your monkey drawing turn out? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you!