Grab your pencil and a piece of paper because we’re about to learn how to draw a bat in six easy steps!
Our bat drawing tutorial includes two printable pages with detailed steps on how to draw a cartoon bat. We recommend downloading and printing them so you and your little ones can use them as a visual guide. You can also use these pages for tracing and coloring as you practice drawing this flying bat.
Hundreds of thousands of downloads of our printables have entertained kids and adults who love to color and draw. Are you ready? Let’s get started!
How to draw a cartoon bat free printable for kids
If you are looking for a simple but FUN step by step how to draw a bat, this is the right place for you! It doesn’t have to be Halloween to enjoy this tutorial.
Bats aren’t as scary as people think. Bats are well represented at Halloween, and Count Dracula might given the wrong impression. Think of them as cute hamsters with wings… doesn’t that sound much better? Plus, bats are great for the ecosystem as they collect pollen, just like bees do!
First, let’s start with supplies you might need when learning how to draw.
This article contains affiliate links.
Easy steps to draw a bat
Follow this easy how to draw a cartoon bat step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own cute bats drawings in no time! Let’s start!
First, draw this shape – it’s similar to a rectangle. This will be our bat’s body.
Add two rounded triangles to make the ears and erase extra lines.
Draw a tilted oval on each side of the main shape. Notice they’re tilted towards the main shape.
Our bat is starting to look so cute! Add a wavy line on each oval and erase extra lines.
Let’s add details! Draw ovals for the eyes and cheeks, an arched line for the smile, and two triangles for the teeth.
Wow! Your bat looks amazing – now you can add as many funny details as you want! Well done!
Your bat is done! Yay! You can even draw more bats if you want to, and a big cave!
Download Your How To Draw A bat Tutorial PDF FILE here:
Things you might not know about bats
- Bats are the only flying mammal
- Over 300 species of fruit depend on bats for pollination including banana, mango and avocado.
- Baby bats are called pups.
- Bats have belly buttons.
- A group of bats is known as a colony.
Supplies for learning how to draw a bat
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
More Fun Coloring Pages & Activities from Kids Activities Blog
- We have the best collection of coloring pages for kids and adults!
- Color bats and other spooky creatures in these Halloween coloring pages
- Now that you can draw a mammal that flies, how about a bird that doesn’t with our how to draw a penguin printables?
- Discover how to make this no bake bat dessert.
- c clothespin bat magnet x
- This super easy paper plate bat craft is great even for younger children.
- Easy bat pudding cups are a cute craft and tasty snack all in one!
- Recycle + fun with the soda bottle bat craft.
- We have an entire collection of more bat craft ideas!
More Bat Crafts and Activities From Kids Activities Blog:
- You’ll love these bat facts coloring pages.
- These bat coloring pages are super cute.
- Did you know you can make a bat from soda bottles.
- You can also make a bat cuff like superheroes wear.
How did your bat drawing turn out? Comment below, let us know.