We’re not short at all of reasons to love Costco, and now we’ve got one more! Costco is raising its minimum wage to $16 per hour, making it the highest minimum wage amongst its competitors.
According to Costco CEO W. Craig Jelinek in a hearing with the Senate Budgetary Committee, Costco will being moving it’s pay up to $16/hour, beginning next week.
In 2019, Costco began their $15/hour minimum wage, and more than half of the store’s hourly employees already earn over $25/hour.
The store also provided incentives for workers during the pandemic outbreaks.
Jelinek explains that this type of pay structure “makes sense for our business. We try to take care of our employees because they play a significant role in our success.”
It sounds like a win to us–happy employees and all the products we love.
Want more awesome Costco Finds? Check out:
- Mexican Street Corn makes the perfect barbecue side.
- This Frozen Playhouse will keep kiddos entertained for hours.
- Adults will can enjoy tasty Boozy Ice Pops for the perfect way to keep cool.
- This Mango Moscato is the perfect way to unwind after a long day.
- This Costco Cake Hack is pure genius for any wedding or celebration.
- Cauliflower Pasta is the perfect way to sneak in some veggies.