Easy Cat Drawing for Kids (Printable Guide)
It’s time to learn how to draw a cat the easy way. Meow! Follow the printable tutorial step by step and you’ll have your own cat drawing in no time! Our free cat drawing tutorial includes three printable pages with detailed steps on how to draw a cat – easy. Kids can grab a pencil, paper and eraser and get started on a simple cat drawing of their own.
Make an easy cat drawing
Drawing a cat doesn’t have to be difficult! With this easy step by step tutorial you’ll be able to use a curved line or two, some straight lines, small lines, a big circle, smaller circle, and a few other shapes to make a realistic cat. Click the blue button to download the easy cat drawing lesson:
Related: Fun cat facts for kids
Don’t worry, it’s easy! From the first cat drawing step to last cat drawing step we’ll be adding a little more detail than the previous step making it easy for beginner artists to make an outline of the cat and then add details with this step by step guide.
How to Draw a Cat (Step by Step)
Print our step by step tutorial and follow these simple instructions:
Let’s start with our kitty’s head: draw a circle.
Add a rounded rectangle – notice how it’s smaller at the top.
For the cute ears, add two tilted triangles with rounded tips. Erase extra lines.
Draw two smaller triangles inside the larger ones.
Now let’s draw the cat’s body! Draw a drop-like figure, notice how the bottom is flat. Erase extra lines.
To draw the paws, add two arched lines in the middle. So cute!
Draw a small tail. We’re almost done!
Add small details, like the eyes, nose, and whiskers!
Now let’s color our kitty! You can add different patterns to make it unique.
Your cat drawing is done! Hooray!
Quick Finishing Touches for a Simple Cat Drawing
- For a Persian cat: Keep the cat drawing one color and add long hair details.
- For a bengal cat: Make irregular circle shapes that are darker on the outside that are grouped together but not touching similar to a leopard’s spots.
- For a polydactyl cat: Add additional toes and draw the cat paws to resemble mittens!
- For a calico cat: Go crazy with details because no two calico cats are the same! Add stripes and color blocks that are usually not very symmetrical.
- For a siamese cat: Darken the tail, paws, lower lets, center of the face and ears.
How to Draw a Cat (Easy Template) – Download PDF File
Cat Drawing for Kids
Learning how to draw a cat and other animals is a great way to help your kid feel more confident and relaxed. See how proud they are to be an artist!
Not only that, but when you add a drawing activity to your kid’s day, you’re helping them increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions, among other things.
Now you know why learning how to draw a cat for kids is so important!
More Easy Drawing Tutorials:
- How to draw a flower tutorial for kids who love nature!
- Why not try learning how to draw a bird too?
- You can learn how to draw a tree with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
This post contains affiliate links.
Recommended Drawing Supplies We Love
- Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Gel pens – a black pen to outline the shapes after the guide lines are erased
- For black/white, a simple pencil can work great
More Cat Fun From Kids Activities Blog:
- Here’s how you can get free Pete the Cat activities.
- Cat in the Hat coloring pages & Cat in the Hat crafts for kids
- Download & print these free cat coloring pages.
- Check out these printable black cat coloring pages.
- Unicorn cat coloring pages you can print & color.
- Halloween cat coloring pages with a shading tutorial video.
- Make a toilet paper roll cat craft.
- Nursery rhyme craft for the owl & the pussycat.
- Watch how this cat comforts its owner every time she cries – Aw!
- Funny cat videos. Period.
How did your cat drawing turn out?