It’s time to learn how to draw a cartoon cat. Mreow! Follow the printable tutorial step by step and you’ll be drawing kitties in no time! If your kids like cats as much as we do, then they’re going to love learning how to draw a cat too!
Our free cat drawing tutorial includes three pages with detailed steps on how to draw a cute cat. Grab your pencil and a piece of paper, and let’s get started!
Make an easy cat drawing
Learning how to draw a cat and other animals is a great way to help your kid feel more confident and relaxed. See how proud they are to be an artist!
Not only that, but when you add a drawing activity to your kid’s day, you’re helping them increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions, among other things.
Now you know why learning how to draw a cat for kids is so important!
Easy steps to draw a cat
Follow this easy how to draw a cat step by step tutorial and you will be drawing your own cat drawings in no time.
Print our step by step tutorial and follow these simple instructions:
- Let’s start with our kitty’s head: draw a circle.
- Add a rounded rectangle – notice how it’s smaller at the top.
- For the cute ears, add two tilted triangles with rounded tips. Erase extra lines.
- Draw two smaller triangles inside the larger ones.
- Now let’s draw the cat’s body! Draw a drop-like figure, notice how the bottom is flat. Erase extra lines.
- To draw the paws, add two arched lines in the middle. So cute!
- Draw a small tail. We’re almost done!
- Add small details, like the eyes, nose, and whiskers!
- Now let’s color our kitty! You can add different patterns to make it unique.
Your cat drawing is done! Hooray!
Download How to Draw a Cat Here:
More easy drawing tutorials:
- How to draw a flower tutorial for kids who love nature!
- Why not try learning how to draw a bird too?
- You can learn how to draw a tree with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
Need supplies for drawing? Here are some kid favorites:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Gel pens
- For black/white, a simple pencil can work great
You can find LOADS of awesome coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More cat fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Here’s how you can get free Pete the Cat activities.
- These cat ears are so cute your kids won’t mind wearing a face mask.
- Download & print these free cat coloring pages.
- Watch how this cat comforts its owner every time she cries – Aw!
How did your cat drawing turn out?