These black cats with bright yellow eyes made from toilet paper rolls are the cutest Halloween craft around! Kids of all ages will want to get in on the fun with this simple black cat craft.
Cats, bats and spiders are the absolute go-to crafts every Halloween – and these Toilet Roll Cats are just so simple and so fun you just have to make with your kids, at home and at school…. just paint, glue and stick in the pipe cleaners! That’s it!
Black Cat Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Black cats have gotten a bad reputation for centuries which makes the black cat an easy connection to Halloween. But here at Kids Activities Blog, we don’t believe in the black cat bad luck legend. I like how it is explained here…
Even today many people think black cats bring bad luck. Around Halloween for example, black cats are portrayed on all sorts of decorative items, often accompanied by witches.
Luckily, there are some places in the world where black cats are considered good luck. In Scotland for example, a strange black cat arriving at your home is believed to bring prosperity. In the rest of Britain, a black cat crossing your path is considered good luck. The same goes for Japan.–Catit
Today we are making Halloween good luck black cats!
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed For This Black Cat Toilet Paper Roll Craft
All you need are some TP rolls or kitchen paper cores, black paint, pipe cleaners, some yellow paper and a black marker.
Directions To Make This Black Cat Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Start by squishing down the top of the paper tube cores to create to ears, as show in the photo.
Paint with black paint and leave aside to dry. The joy of painting toilet roll cores is that the paint soaks in and dries super fast.
When dry it’s time to watch the cats emerge…
– cut lemon shape pieces of yellow paper and draw the pupils on with black marker
– glue on the eyes
– make little holes in the cores, push in the pipe cleaners and bend to make the tail and whiskers
Time to get your Halloween crafty pants on!!
- Empty toilet paper roll or craft roll
- black paint
- pipe cleaners
- yellow paper
- black marker
- Take your toilet paper roll and squish down the top of the tubes to create the cat ears!
- Then, paint the toilet paper rolls black and leave to dry. We used black acrylic paint.
- When it is dry, it's time to finish make the black cat toilet paper roll craft by adding 2 pieces of yellow construction paper, cut into a lemon shape.
- Use a black marker to make lines in the middle of the yellow construction paper eyes and then glue them onto the painted toilet paper roll.
- Make little holes in the toilet paper roll. One on the bottom in the back and 6 on the face right below the eyes.
- Cut black pipe cleaners to make whiskers.
- Put the black pipe cleaner whiskers in to the holes on the face and the longer black pipe cleaner in the hole in the back, make sure to change the shape of the tail.
More Cat Crafts & Halloween Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Follow this simple printable tutorial on how to draw a cat.
- These cute cat coloring pages can be colored any color…even black!
- Make an edible Oreo cat craft based on…Oreo cookies!
- Our favorite Cat in the Hat coloring pages can be downloaded here.
- Printable Pete the Cat activities can be found…and they are super cute.
How did your black cat craft turn out? Did your kids have fun making toilet paper roll cats for Halloween?