Do your kids love pumpkin carving? Then this post is for you! We are celebrating Day of the Dead, a beautiful celebration that involves sugar skulls and colorful papel picado. And as you know, we also love free printables, so naturally we had to make this Day of the Dead activity!
Free Day of the Dead decorations and ideas
Here at Kids Activities Blog, we loooove holiday activities ideas! No matter the occasion, we have something for every special holiday. Check out our resource list. You’ll never be bored again!
Still looking for something fun for kids to do? Look no further! You are in the right place if you are looking for indoor or outdoor activities, arts and crafts for kids, rainy day activities, or even science experiments for kids.
But wait, do you want an easy activity with little prep? Free worksheets and coloring pages are the way to go!
Our free library printables are one of the biggest kids printables online. Just grab your crayons, pick a printable and that’s it! Enjoy your free coloring pages!
If you are a parent looking for creative and easy kids activities, we’ve got your back. We have free activities and tips, from pregnancy to raising happy children, tweens, and more.
Cool pumpkin carving stencils
To make the perfect jack-o-lantern, we have the following recommendations:
Pick the right pumpkin (find one that has smooth skin!), print our sugar skull stencil, get your carving tools and you’re all ready for family-friendly fun!
For this activity, we recommend letting adults carve the pumpkin pattern and have the kids pull out the pumpkin seeds, that way everyone is involved and safe!
Tip: Instead of using a candle, you can try illuminating your pumpkin with an LED tea light.
These Jack-O-Lanterns are a great decoration to keep outside on the porch or on the window sill.
Here are more awesome holiday activities for kids:
- Kids will love coloring these sugar skull coloring pages!
- Barbie lovers! There’s a new Barbie Day of the Dead and it’s so beautiful!
- Check out these easy kid pumpkin carvings for the spooky season!
- Pumpkin teeth are here to make carving sooo much easier!
- Pumpkins are popping up everywhere! Find out everything you can do with them with this pumpkin activities list.
- These no carve pumpkin ideas will make Halloween much easier this year.
- Let kids help! Learn how to carve a pumpkin for kids.
- This diy drink holder is so adorable.
- We’ve put together the best jack o lantern patterns for you and your little ones!
- Here is the cutest easy paper pumpkin crafts for your toddler.
- This creative pumpkin door hanger is super easy to make.
- Don’t stop there! Check out these fun ideas to decorate a pumpkin.
- Fun and easy pumpkin painted rocks!
- Make this salt dough pumpkin handprint keepsakes with your little ones this fall.
- Our cute pumpkin ornaments are a sweet diy gift for neighbors.