Minecraft isn’t just a game. Kids all over the world love it and can spend entire days playing it if possible, but can it be educational too?
Absolutely! Minecraft is an engaging and creative game, similar to Legos, but without the mess! Minecraft is all about letting players place and break 3D blocks while getting all the materials and tools to create these spaces.
Related: You can build your own Minecraft lamp! It’s so cool.
Minecraft has evolved so much that now it can be used as a learning platform for students going back to school.
For example, two creative teens recreated their high school in minecraft using nearly 10 million blocks! That’s total dedication and it shows how much can actually be done on this game, which can be found on the google play store.
In Japan, one elementary school class didn’t want to pass up the chance to have one final celebration, so they celebrated their elementary graduation on Minecraft! Definitely a new experience.
Minecraft: Education Edition is a learning platform based on the original game, and it’s available in more than 115 countries. Minecraft promotes creativity, collaboration and problem-solving skills. It will have Chromebook support available so educators can experience new learning models from home.
Since the game is extremely popular among kids of all ages, it’s no surprise minecraft in the classroom will keep students engaged the entire time.
Minecraft for Chromebooks
According to Microsoft Minecraft: Education Edition official website:
“With this edition, students can explore resources for distance learning and stay connected to the classroom. Among the many things they can do, students can explore energy and sustainability with renewable energy lessons and ignite STEM learning, and they can learn to code in the new Hour of Code lesson, available as a free demo. Students will be able to write code to prevent forest fires and discover the basics of artificial intelligence.”
One of my favorite parts about Minecraft: Education Edition is that it promotes inclusive classrooms and social-emotional learning, which is very needed in today’s world.
So what are you waiting for? Head on over to Minecraft: Education Edition to check if your account is elegible and get a free copy for your Chromebook today!
Here’s more Video Games fun:
- There’s a new minecraft dungeons game and kids will love it!
- Make a cool creeper craft with toilet rolls.
- Here are the best minecraft parodies that involves everyone in the family.
- Download these minecraft 3d printables to make easy 3d objects!
- This is the best diy minecraft shirt you’ll ever see.
- Minecraft released a new game like pokemon go and I can’t wait to play it!
- Learn how do video games help kids with adhd.
- Check out our list of video game activities for kids, without the screen!
- Need new ways to entertain your toddler? Here are the best 3d games for 4 year olds.
- Zooble game is one of the best video games for girls, check out why!
- These online virtual games for kids are great for a family game night.
- This spacex game promotes STEM learning in a fun way.
- Mattel released free barbie virtual games that kids will love.
- Play hocus pocus games after watching the movie!
- Combine exercise and fun with this get fit game, perfect for a rainy day!