I love Target and if you do too, I am going to give you one more reason to love them… Target is Releasing Halloween Costumes for Kids In Wheelchairs this year and it just brings my heart pure joy.
Target has a really cool selection of Halloween costumes made just for kids in wheel chairs. They are calling this collection the ‘Adaptive Costume Collection’.
Adaptive Costume Collection
As of right now, they have two options, one for boys and one for girls.
The boy costume is a Boys’ Adaptive Pirate Costume Collection and comes in two different pieces. One is the costume and one is the details for the wheelchair bringing the entire costume to life.
According to the description, the costumes is made for easy wear.
“This boys’ pirate costume is thoughtfully designed with openings in the back that lend ease of dressing, along with leg openings that are wide enough to put the pants on while keeping shoes on — perfect for giving kids who use wheelchairs an extra hand and a sense of comfort. “
The wheelchair cover also easily attaches to the wheelchair.
“This Halloween wheelchair costume is designed to look just like a pirate ship, complete with intricate detailing and a black Jolly Roger flag for authentic flair — it even includes decorative covers for the wheels that look like waves for a complete finish. A simple way to dress up most sizes of wheelchairs, it can easily be attached using the hook-and-loop closures for a secure fit, and he’ll love having a coordinating accessory that’ll go perfectly well with the Pirate Inclusive Halloween Costume from Hyde and Eek! Boutique™.”‘
The girls costume is a Girls’ Adaptive Princess Halloween Costume Collection.
Much like the boys costume, it comes in 2 separate pieces. One costume and one decoration for the wheelchair.
According to the description the costume:
This girls’ pink princess costume is thoughtfully designed with an opening in the back that lends ease of dressing, great for giving kids who use wheelchairs an extra hand and a sense of comfort.
According to the description:
“This Halloween wheelchair costume is designed to look just like a princess carriage, with a purple-blue and gray color scheme adorned with intricately detailed scrollwork — it even includes decorative covers for the wheelchair for a complete finish. A simple way to dress up most sizes of wheelchairs, it can easily be attached using the hook-and-loop closures for a secure fit, and she’ll love having a coordinating crown to wear for a delightfully enchanting look.”
I surely hope this is the first of these costumes to come because this is such an amazing thing to offer kids and parents.
Way to go Target!
More Halloween Costume Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- We have even more homemade Halloween costumes!
- We also have 15 more Halloween boy costumes!
- Be sure to check out our list of 40+ Easy Homemade Costumes for Kids for even more homemade Halloween costume ideas!
- Looking for costumes for the whole family? We have some ideas!
- This DIY Checker Board costume for kids is super cute.
- On a budget? We have a list of inexpensive Halloween costume ideas.
- We have a big list of the most popular Halloween costumes!
- How to help your child decide their Halloween costume whether it is scary like the grim reaper or an awesome LEGO.
- These are the most original Halloween costumes EVER!
- This company makes free Halloween costumes for children in wheelchairs, and they’re amazing.
- Take a look at these 30 Enchanting DIY Halloween costumes.
- Celebrate our everyday heroes with these Halloween costumes like a police officer, fireman, trash man, etc.
What kids Halloween costumes are on your list this year?