We have so many Elf craft ideas! We have Elf crafts, Elf sweets and oh so many Elf activities your kids will love. This list of our favorite Christmas elf craft ideas will keep kids of all ages busy and giggling the entire holiday season. Use these Christmas elf ideas at home or in the classroom.
EASY CHRISTMAS ELF IDEAS
My kids and I love crafting around the holidays and one thing we love making are elf crafts. We found a bunch of new things to make this year including some delicious Christmas elf treats!
Elf on the shelf tradition move over! We have some Christmas elf crafts and treats that making a new spot in our traditions.
What is an Elf?
First, what is an elf? And why do we see Christmas elves everywhere through the holiday season?
Modern Christmas tradition holds that a horde of elves works throughout the year in Santa’s workshop at the North Pole making toys and helping him prepare for his whirlwind, worldwide sleigh ride to homes on Christmas Eve.–Livescience
Awesome Elf Crafts for Kids
1. Elf Coloring Pages
2. Make a Paper Plate Elf
Make your own elf from a paper plate! This little guy is so fun to make. via Glued To My Crafts
3. Make Your Own Elf Puzzle
Print these elf pieces for your kids to mix and match and glue together. via Itsy Bitsy Fun
4. Craft an Elf Puppet
Make an elf puppet from construction paper and a brown paper bag. Love this! What a funny little elf with his big eyes, such a cute idea. via I Heart Crafty Things
5. Create an Elf Hat Headband
Dress like an elf by making your own elf hat headband. You can also use the DIY eld hat as elf themed toppers for gifts too! We have seen people wear antlers and dress like a Christmas tree with headbands, but now it is time for the ELF to shine! via Chica Circle
6. Adorable Elf Ornament Craft
Use a pine cone to make an adorable elf ornament. This is one of the more fun ideas because your kids can customize these elves. via Memories on Clover Lane
7. Paper Plate Christmas Elves & Santa Craft
These paper plate elves made with tissue paper are super cute! It is a simple, but fun craft your kids will love. This is such an easy elf to make. Perfect for the holiday season. via Crafty Morning
8. Popsicle Stick Elf Craft
Make an elf popsicle stick ornaments from a craft stick! This is the perfect size to decorate your Christmas tree or to use as puppets. As you can see there are a lot of Christmas characters you can make to keep your Christmas elf from being lonely. Craft your elf a whole bunch of North Pole friends.
Easy Elf Crafts For Preschoolers
9. Craft Egg Carton Elves
Recycle an empty egg carton into an elf! These are adorable. You could hide these around different places on Christmas Eve! Elf antics are always fun. I didn’t have a permanent marker, so I just used a dry erase marker. via Crafty Morning
10. Make a Paper Plate Elf
This paper plate elf is really fun to make and is so adorable. via Crafts by Amanda
11. Make a Wearable Elf Hat
Creative elf hats? Yes! This will bring each family members much joy! I mean after you make a wearable elf hat of your own out of felt with this easy pattern, how could you not be jolly? via So Sew Easy
12. Christmas Elf Ornament Craft
Use craft sticks to make an elf Christmas tree ornament! Make this a fun Christmas tradition! via Happy Hooligans
13. Make an Elf Treat Container
Store your goodies in a festive elf treat container made from a baby food jar. via Chica Circle
Delicious Elf Treats
14. Elf Donuts
Everyone on the nice list is getting some of these! Make these tiny “elf donuts” out of cheerios with sprinkles and frosting! via Just A Pinch
15. Elf Hat Cupcakes
Make elf hat cupcakes with all your favorite candy! These are the cutest! via Betty Crocker
16. Free Printable Elf Candy Wrapper
Use these free printables to wrap a candy bar to look like an elf! What a fun gift and great way to spread fun elf festivities. via Maxabella Loves
17. Elf Breakfast Pastries
Make elf breakfast pastries your kids will love. So fun! Perfect for Christmas morning and one of the more easy ideas. via Hungry Happenings
18. Elf Cupcakes
These elf cupcakes look like he’s been struck by a snowball – so funny! What a great idea, and one of the more new ideas. I haven’t seen this type of cupcake before. via 365is Pins
19. Elf On The Shelf Sugar Cookies
Make these gorgeous Elf On The Shelf sugar cookies to welcome your elf! You’re gonna wanna fill your cookie jar up with these little elves. via Living Locurto
20. Tiny Edible Elf Hats
Try making these tiny edible elf hats made from Bugle chips! via Design Dazzle
Elf Books We Love
- That’s Not My Elf Book
- Lily the Elf Books: The Midnight Owl (Book 1), The Precious Ring (Book 2), and The Wishing Seed (Book 3)
- Are You There Little Elf?
- Dance with the Elves Book
- The Elves and the Shoemaker Story
- Fairies, Pixies and Elves Sticker Book
More Elf Crafts & Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Get festive with these printable Elf bingo cards! It will be fun for the whole family.
- If you need help with when Elf on the Shelf comes then we have a whole month’s of elf activities!
- Download and print these elf on the shelf coloring pages.
- Have fun with this elf on the shelf zipline idea that is easy to set up. What a naughty elf!
- These funny elf on the shelf ideas will have the whole family laughing!
- Speaking of Christmas, we have 6 great Jesus loves the little children activities!
- This free printable elf on the shelf candy cane hiding game is a quick elf moving solution.
- This elf Christmas countdown chain is fun to make!
- We have a whole fun list of 40 Christmas treats to make with family!
- Check out all of these diy ornaments you should try out this Christmas!
- Try this super easy and aesthetic Christmas tree painting!
- Check out this Santa craft made out of a toilet paper roll!
Which elf craft are you going to start with this holiday season?