Netflix has come a long way since the days of mailing you DVD’s in little red envelopes. I know my kids have no idea they used to do that! I am a huge Netflix fan and love spending a rainy Saturday afternoon binge watching my favorite show or watching a Netflix kids show with my little one. Here are some other activities to do on a rainy day with your kiddos.
I found some pretty awesome ways to hack your Netflix account by changing settings and accessing a “gasp” SECRET code menu for different categories. So choose a show or movie to watch (you can actually watch Netflix with friends now!), whip up your favorite movie night snack (some delicious movie snacks here) and get ready to find a whole new world of Netflix.
7 Ways to Hack Netflix
1) Set Childproof Restrictions. Did you know you can set maturity levels for kids to make sure they aren’t watching things they shouldn’t be? Change the settings in their individual profile by going into settings and creating a four-digit parental controls pin and using the slider to set maturity ratings. There are settings for little kids, older kids, teens and mature.
2) Discover Secret Codes for Categories. There are so many hidden Netflix categories besides the basic ones like comedies, documentaries, dramas. You can actually unlock hidden categories with secret codes! They get really specific like ‘Imaginative Movies for ages 2 to 4‘ or ‘Movies with Princesses’. Here’s a ridiculous long list of ALL the categories that you can try. So fun! Note-these work on a computer where you can input the code in the URL. If you have the app or a SmartTV, go to search and input the category name (from the secret code list exactly) and it will pull all the titles fitting that category.
3) See Viewing Activity. Make sure your husband/friend/sister etc. didn’t watch your favorite Netflix show without you! If you share an account, just head over to Netflix.com/WiViewingActivity and you can see everything that has been watched and on what date. It also allows you to delete shows if you don’t want anyone to know you are ahead by two episodes!
4) Find Something to Watch. Not sure what to watch today? Try Netflix Roulette. This is a really fun site where you spin the wheel and it gives you a movie or show. You can pick a category or let it pick totally random. I got Jem and the Holograms which turned out to be a cute show!
5) Download Your Favorites. Now you can download movies or shows so you can watch on the go. This has saved so much sanity on our car rides with kids when you don’t need WiFi to watch! These super easy instructions will show you how to download from Netflix.
6) Minimize Netflix Original Suggestions The “My List” section is designed to let you customize a row of shows and movies you want to watch. Once you add several shows or moves to your list, Netflix will sort it for you and put the titles you’re most likely to enjoy based on your list first. Netflix will slip in a few Netflix Originals too but preventing that is as simple as making a quick change to your “my list” settings. Just follow this link to Netflix settings and uncheck “Netflix Suggests” and select instead “Manual Ordering.”
7) Customize Your ‘Mood’ Profiles. Make your own mood profiles. Instead of having just one profile for yourself with everything in it, create separate ones for when you’re feeling like watching something funny, something sad, etc.
8) Get Netflix for Free. Okay, this is a total bonus but did you know that you can get your Netflix subscription free for an entire month or even longer?!? T-mobile and Verizon both offer free Netflix options but you HAVE TO ASK!
Have fun hacking Netflix with all these tips & tricks!
For more fun tips/hacks like this, click here!
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE WAYS TO KEEP KIDS BUSY:
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Baby shark coloring pages are perfect for little ones who love the viral Pinkfong song.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Coloring is fun! Especially with our Fortnite coloring pages.
- Check out our Frozen 2 coloring pages.
- What’s the best kind of party? A unicorn party!
- Learn how to make a compass and go on an adventure with your kids.
- Create an Ash Ketchum costume.
- Try these fun edible playdough recipes!
- Kids love unicorn slime.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- Set up a neighborhood bear hunt. Your kids will love it!
- Your kids will have a blast with these prank ideas.
- Make coffee filter crafts!
- Easy crafts for kids will save your day.
- Kids will love these fun Halloween games!
Get your first month of Adventure Academy for FREE!