What if I told you that you can liven up your kids summer break with your own at home STEM camp? With kids being bored during their break from school and traditional summer camps being entirely too expensive the Steve Spangler at home STEM camp is the perfect way to keep your kids having fun and learning this summer!
Summer STEM Camp for Kids
The STEM Camp collection from Steve Spangler’s Science Club is a collection of 5 kits that will be mailed to you for one week of DIY science camp fun. The kits include enough activities for 2 hours worth of STEM activities for 5 days.
We love Steve Spangler’s Science Club and have participated in their fun activities before on Kids Activities Blog! Here are our activities from the subscription box:
We learned all about Newton’s Laws of Motion and had such a fun time doing it! The kits come with all of the materials that you need to conduct the experiments, all you need is kiddos to help!
The best part about ordering activities from Steve Spangler’s collection is that kids are learning new things, but are having so much fun that they don’t even realize that they are learning!
This STEM Camp Kit is geared towards kids ages 5-11, but honestly I had a blast with their activities too so I would say that kids older than 11 could enjoy it too!
STEM Camp Curriculum
The curriculum in the STEM Camp kits will cover subjects related to science, engineering, technology and math. Specifically the 5 kits subjects are:
- Mad Scientist Laboratory
- It’s Electric
- Water Magic
- Newton’s Antics
The pricing for the kits vary depending on how many kids you are purchasing for. You can have a STEM camp for just your own children or invite a few others and have a group summer camp!
A week of activities for one child will cost you $89.95 or you can buy 15 kits for $69.95 each and save.
MORE STEM ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
- Building with Straws: a STEM Activity
- STEM Paper Airplane Challenge
- Lego Balance Scale Stem Project
- Let’s build a popsicle stick bridge!
- You don’t always need fancy items to do experiments. You can use a lot of items you have around the house which is great to do these kitchen science for kids!
- Learn about physics with these inertia experiments for kids.
- Science fair coming up? Check out our list of elementary schools science fair projects.
- While candy corn’s taste may be controversial, it is great for this candy corn science experiment.
- Make pretty colors with this color changing milk experiment.
- Learn about acid and bases with this tie dye experiment.
- This science fair project on how easy germs spreads is perfect to show why people need to be mindful about hygiene.
- These hand washing science fair projects are perfect this year to show people why they need to wash their hands regularly.
- The science fair doesn’t have to be stressful. We have plenty of science fair poster ideas!
- Need more awesome science fair projects ideas? We have them!
- Make learning fun with these science games.
- Be creative while learning with these playdough science experiments.
- Make science festive with these Halloween science experiments!
- Who knew science could be delicious with these cool edible science experiments.
- Get hands on with these air pressure experiments for kids.
- Need a break from science? Then check out our free printable zentangle coloring pages!
- Learn how to build a robot for kids!
- Learn about and how to make pulleys!