We are so excited about these 20 recipes for hot chocolate. This is one of our favorite Christmas traditions…one that extends all winter long!
Every Christmas Eve we sit together as a family, read the Christmas Story, and drink hot coco together before the kids have a family slumber party sleeping around the Christmas tree.Â Â It is one of the activities on our “Count-Down To Christmas” calendar.Â Hot coco is a tradition I enjoyed with my parents as a child.
My hope is that these moments, these traditions, the kids will grasp and remember warmly for the rest of their lives.
In anticipation of this Christmas Eve, I am drooling over hot chocolate recipes, varieties, gift ideas and more.
If you haven’t seen hot chocolate on a stick, you might want to check it out. Â It would be awesome to serve beside any of these warm treats.
Â Recipes for Hot Chocolate
- This is a great recipe for on how to make hot chocolate creamy, sweet AND – using only three ingredients!
- Have a crockpot? If you said yes, you will want to check out this Crockpot Hot Cocoa recipe!
- Want some Spicy Hot Chocolate?Â Check out this recipe calling for chipotle chili powder and more!
- Do your kids prefer a milky hot coco?Â Mine do and love stirring Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows into steamed milk!
- Have dairy-intolerant kiddos?Â Try a dairy/gluten-free recipe – Coconut Hot Coco!!
- Another “stirring” option is to create a batch of chocolate spoons. Just stir these into hot water/milk for a fresh cup.
- Hot Coco made from ice cream??Â And yes, it’s “hot” and yes, I want seconds!
- Another variety of Hot Coco is White Hot Chocolate.Â This sounds too good to be true – going to try it soon!
- For Mommies at a Christmas play-date, how about serving some Mocha with Italian Sweet Cream?Â Scrumptious.
- Â Nutella Hot Chocolate.Â Need we say more?Â Two of my favorite things combines into a drink – yummy!
- Peanut Butter + Chocolate = Win!Â This drink is great for a couple of my kids who struggle with getting enough protein (and are on the low percentile).
- Coco Pods are easy to make in muffin tin liners – you can create a collection of varieties.Â Pop them into a glass of steamed milk – yummy!
- This drink mix is inexpensive to make and tastes gourmet!Â Â Make a batch of Salted Carmel Coco Mix.
- Mayan Hot Chocolate – this is great layered into a jar as a gift.Â Spicy, sweet & hot!
- What a fun way to gift drink mixes – add the ingredients in a plastic icing bag.Â It’s aÂ “Drink” cone.
- Hot Chocolate truffles are delicious!Â Drop one of these balls into a glass of coconut milk, almond milk or regular steamed.Â Terrific solo too!
- Hot Chocolate Mug Cakes.Â These would be a great housewarming gift or something to give to a neighbor this Christmas.
- We are in Texas and some December days are too hot for true hot coco – this is a great option for warm days… Frrrozen Hot Chocolate.
- Use hot coco to create fudgsicles.Â Pour the mix into Popsicle molds, freeze and enjoy.
- Hot Chocolate Pudding – this recipe uses a touch of orange zest for a zing.Â For kids who want hot chocolate without the “hot”, this is a great option!
- Cookies are great to dip – especially if they taste like hot coco!!Â Double blessings!Â Love Hot Chocolate Cookies
- We aren’t the only ones with a dark drink tradition – check out this Hot Coco Bar from a blogging pal, Gina.
….And your bonus extra:Â Make your own marshmallows to go with that hot chocolate!!Â Bean Town Baker has a recipe for peppermint marshmallows.
Do you have a favorite Christmas tradition with your family?Â I’d love to hear about it! Â
Do you have a favorite hot chocolate recipe? Â What about other winter recipes? Â Here are a few favorites from Kids Activities Blog: