Today we are talking chocolate facts! These fun facts for kids tell of the history of the tasty treat! Young and old alike will enjoy these printable pdf sheets loaded with interesting facts.
White chocolate truffles, German chocolate cake, hot chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate drinks; there are so many types of chocolate, and we love them!
Related: Decorate Your Own Donut Craft
Chocolate FACTS FOR KIDS
- Chocolate is a popular treat and a key ingredient in many recipes made from cocoa beans, the dried and fermented cacao seeds from cacao trees, a tree that originally grew in Central and South America.
- Nowadays, the theobroma cacao tree grows mostly in West Africa and produces most of the world’s cacao.
- The first chocolate treat was the chocolate drink created by the Mayas, which they considered the “food of the gods”.
- An average cacao tree produces 30 to 40 cacao pods in a year.
- The first chocolate bar was made in 1847 by British chocolatier J.S. Fry and Sons, molded from a paste made of sugar, chocolate liquor, and cocoa butter.
- The first chocolate factory that produced in the United States opened in 1780 and is The Baker Chocolate Company.
- One pound of chocolate contains 400 cacao beans.
- Dark chocolate has great health benefits: it improves high blood pressure, lowers cholesterol levels, reduces the chances of heart disease, and brings lots of positive effects to mind!
- The word chocolate comes from the Aztec word “xocoatl,” which refers to a bitter drink brewed from cacao beans.
- Hershey’s produces over 70 million candies daily, including Mr. Goodbar, Hershey’s Syrup, and semisweet chocolate chips.
- Annual global chocolate consumption in 2022 was roughly 7.5 million tons.
- International Chocolate Day is on July 7th and has been celebrated since 2009.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR CHOCOLATE FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Chocolate facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable chocolate facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with chocolate facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE chocolate FACTS PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Enjoy our fun butterfly facts coloring pages.
- Here are fun pizza facts!
- These Mount Rushmore facts coloring pages are so much fun!
- These fun dolphin facts coloring pages are the cutest ever.
- Welcome spring with these 10 fun Easter facts coloring pages!
- Do you live on the coast? You’ll want these hurricane facts coloring pages!
- Grab these fun facts about rainbows for kids!
- Don’t miss out on these fun dog facts coloring pages!
So next time you eat your favorite chocolate treat, tell everyone your favorite chocolate fact!