Making lasagna can sometimes seem pretty overwhelming. Enough so, we don’t even want to tackle it. But this One-Pan Lasagna will change your perception of making the popular dish.
I love that if you closed your eyes, you would seriously think you are eating a traditional lasagna recipe that you spent the entire day making. But this one is so much easier.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 8 ounce can of Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasonings (pre-made spice)
- Garlic Salt
- 8 ounces Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley, diced
- You need to first mix together the sauce. Pour the can of diced tomatoes in a measuring cup. Add enough water so it measures 4 cups. Stir in the tomato sauce and the sugar, set aside
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil on medium heat
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds
- Add the meat until it’s browned — drain the grease
- Season with a sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper
- Add the 2 tablespoons of Italian Seasonings and stir
- Pour the pasta on top followed by the tomato mixture – do not stir
- Cover and bring to a simmer
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir every 5 minutes
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the pasta is tender
- Remove from heat and top with the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese
- Cover and let rest for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted
- Add dollops of ricotta cheese
- Top with parsley
Before you prepare the meat, make sure you follow the instructions to combine the diced tomatoes, sauce, and sugar. Set this aside until the meat is cooked.
You will first cook the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the meat until its browned.
Season with a sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper. Then add the 2 tablespoons of Italian Seasonings. This is a spice that combines all of your favorite Italian flavors like oregano, basil and more.
Once you have mixed in the seasoning, add the bow tie pasta to the top of the meat.
Then add the tomato sauce mixture to the top. You do not want to stir this in. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until it comes to a simmer. Reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
You will know it’s done when the pasta is tender and the liquid has reduced a bit.
Remove from the heat and add the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese to top and cover again. The heat from the dish will melt the cheese.
When you are done, add dollops of ricotta cheese to the top.
Sprinkle the parsley on top and serve in pasta bowls.
You will love how these flavors come together to make the perfect lasagna. Thanks to my friend, Kristine for sharing this yummy recipe!