Can you imagine being a parent and discovering that your partner without your knowledge or permission decided to give your child up for adoption?
That is exactly what happened to Chris Emanuel in South Carolina.
His girlfriend of several months began avoiding his calls, and after not showing up to her own baby shower his sister began to suspect the worst.
She convinced him to put his name on the registry.
It was that little action that saved his little girl.
A Father Fights for His Daughter in the Adoption System Video
As an adoptive parent myself, I strongly believe that the best parent for my kids – all of my kids – is their birth parent.
Adoption is a terrific and wonderful second option.
But if I could make it possible for my boys birth families to be able to care for them I would. Hopefully, publicizing the Responsible Fathers Registry will help keep more kids with their parents if possible.
Keep Watching More Heart Felt Story Videos
Friends who were in fact Brothers.
These two boys met as Friends – only to discover they were in fact brothers!
Imagine the surprise these boys had while playing at the pool and their friends telling them they looked and acted like brothers – only to find out that they were in fact separated brothers!
Sometimes You only Need to Be a Parent for that Moment.
This is the story of a little girl who called a complete stranger, Daddy.
It is such a heartwarming reminder to be available in those little moments. You do not know the impact you are making on those around you.
More Celebration of Fathers from Kids Activities Blog
- This father made the sweetest video of his little girl growing up.
- Over 100 Fathers day crafts for kids…these are so fun for dad!
- Gifts for dad from kids…these are good!
- Books for dads to read together.
- Free printable Fathers Day cards – we got ’em!
- Grab this super cute Fathers day coloring page – it is a tie!
- Grab this Father’s Day card to color! It is free for dad.
- DIY mouse pad makes the best gift for dad!
- Make these DIY stepping stones for dad this year.
- Fathers Day snacks and fun food ideas!
- And don’t miss our really fun crafts to do with your dad!
Did this father’s story touch your heart?