She Called a Stranger on a Plane, “Daddy” & What Came Next is So Sweet [Video]
A little girl with autism sits down beside you in a plane and begins to call you her Daddy.
What would you do?
One stranger, Eric, was put in that position.
As mom Kate said, in the midst of her daughter’s antics he took the time to treat her as a little person.
“You could have shifted uncomfortably in your seat. You could have ignored her. You could have given me that ‘smile’ that I despise because it means; ‘manage your child please.’
You did none of that.
You engaged Kate in conversation and you asked her questions about her turtles.
She could never really answer your questions but she was so enamored by you that she keep eye contact and joint attention on the items you were asking her about.
I watched and smiled.
I made a few polite offers to distract her, but you would have none of it.”
Take a look!
Man on Plane Reacts to Little Girl Video
Eric’s response remind us all to look for the little opportunities to rise up and make a difference in someone’s life, even if only for a few moments.
MORE FAMILY FUN AT KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Let’s all get together and make family handprint art!
- Dress alike? Yep, let’s do family Halloween costumes.
- Need more fun like this video? We have fun and easy pranks for family members to play on each other.
- Valentines Day is a day of love. Here are some fun family Valentines Day ideas.
- Need some family-friendly New Years Eve ideas?
- And let’s not forget to go have a family picnic.
Did you love the story of the man on the plane?