Lego blocks can lead to hours of entertainment in our house. While my kids enjoy building houses and random things with the interlocking blocks, they also love a bit of direction now and then too. Legoland is helping my kiddos pass by the hours with loads of activity ideas and free printables. Here are some of our favorite Lego activities right now.
Lego Building Challenges
Want to build something new but not sure where to start? LegoLand has Master Model Builders, who have one of the best jobs in the world. Their Master Builders are sharing their building tips and tricks through a variety of videos that show viewers what pieces to use, as well as how to build different creations. Want to learn how to create a Lego dachshund? There’s a video for that. Want to learn how to build a star? There’s a video for that too.
Along with their weekly tutorial videos, Legoland is challenging kids stuck at home to share their own creations using #LLCBuildingChallenge. You can also use the hashtag to ask Master Model Builders how to build a particular object.
Celebrate a Birthday with a Lego cupcake
In celebration of Legoland California Resort being open for 21 years as of March, a Master Model Builder shared how to build a Lego cupcake. This is a perfect activity for those kiddos who are celebrating birthdays while stuck at home.
Lego Printable Activities
Think outside the building block and get your kids think about Legos in other ways too. LEGOLAND is also releasing free weekly printables for your kiddos. These printables are based around a variety of themes, including art, mazes, silly stories, and word searches. They plan to release new activities in each category on a weekly basis, which means there will loads of free Lego activities.
To get you started, kids can do things like draw their very own Lego minifigure and navigate a maze so a Lego delivery minifigure can deliver a pizza. Want your kids to work on their vocab and improve their focus? Give them the word search printable, which features a whole lotta words related to construction. Last but not least, play a game of Brick-tac-toe with your kids.
Just in case you don’t already have enough Lego blocks, the site is also offering free shipping on any of their sets.
Whatever you decide to build or create, don’t forget to share your favorite Lego creations on social media with the hashtag #LLCBuildingChallenge.
MORE FUN THINGS TO DO WHILE YOU’RE STUCK AT HOME:
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are so fun and easy!
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
- Try this digital escape room that you can do from your couch!