Spaceships, rovers, aliens, and more — these incredible LEGO creations from space can be made with bricks you already own!
This post contains affiliate links.
We’ve always adored Page Street Publishing and their super awesome books for kids, so we are so excited to partner with them to share about the new book, Incredible LEGO Creations from Space with Bricks You Already Have.
If your kid is LEGO obsessed, you need this book. It’s not only a great guide to building super cool things, it’s a great guide to building super cool things FROM SPACE.
You’ll find step-by-step directions on how to make everything from space cruisers to transporters to simulators for astronaut training. And the coolest part is that each tutorial uses common LEGO bricks so you can easily build the creations for yourself.
Don’t have a ton of LEGO bricks? No problem. The book guides you through the creative process of making your own spaceships, so you can use what you already have and don’t need to go out and buy a ton!
We decided to make the Pocket-Sized Mini Ships from the book, which seemed like a good place to start. These LEGO spaceships don’t require a lot of bricks, and the book gives you some basic designs that you can embellish or change and make your own!
We made the Starcruiser following the step-by-step directions, then used what we learned to create our own mini LEGO spaceship!
Here’s what you need to build a LEGO Spaceship:
- 3 — 1 x 1 black bricks with studs on 4 sides
- 2 — 1 x 1 black round plates
- 2 — 1 x 2 black plates with a handle on the side
- 4 — 1 x 1 dark gray round plates
- 1 — 2 x 2 translucent red dish
- 2 — 1 x 6 medium azure plates
- 1 — 1 x 4 red plate
- 1 — 1 x 4 red tile
- 1 — 1 x 1 red tile
- 3 — 1 x 2 red slopes with four slots
- 1 — 1 x 3 red curved slope
- 2 — 4 x 4 light gray wedge plates, cut corners
- 2 — 1 x 2 light gray plates with two clips on the side
- 2 — 1 x 6 light gray plates
- 1 — 1 x 1 translucent red plate
- 1 — 1 x 1 translucent yellow slope, 30 degree
- 1 — 1 x 1 translucent red round plate
Here’s a video showing how we built the spaceship:
Now that you know the basics, try making a ship on your own.
This simple project is just one example of the awesome tutorials found in Incredible LEGO Creations from Space. You can purchase Incredible LEGO Creations from Space with Bricks You Already Have on Amazon and at bookstores today!
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE CRAFTS AND KIDS ACTIVITIES!