Thousands of bees are living in a hives made from Legos. This one is pretty spectacular.
Bees normally build their own hives where honey is harvested, but these bees were given a castle built just for them. There are several creative Lego builders who have set out to make functional beehives from Legos.
The first functional Lego beehive was created in 2016. As you can see, the video above shows how these two men created it. Towards the end of the video, you can see how they plan to harvest the honey from the bees.
This video shows how to make a Lego beehive. This hive includes 9 removable brood frames. Each frame is used by the bees and will be removed to harvest honey.
In this video, you can see the extra detail to creating a fun, functional beehive.
As a result of his creativity, O Leocháin, says that he is now being asked for instructions on how to build a Lego beehive, but doesn’t have instructions yet. This fun beehive, built over the course of eight weeks, is currently home to thousands of bees.
When asked about how he has secured the Lego’s, he reports that he has not glued any of the Legos together as bees normally will seal it up themselves.
Interestingly enough, the process of gluing their home together is simple. Bees use propolis, a type of glue they get from trees to seal all openings.
These are awesome, right?
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME IDEAS:
- Check out these LEGO organizer ideas!
- Try these easy cookie recipes with few ingredients.
- Make this homemade bubble solution.
- Your kids will love these pranks for kids.
- Check out these fun duct tape crafts.
- Make galaxy slime!
- Play these indoor games.
- Spread joy with these fun facts to share.
- Handprint art will give you all the feels.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- Love these fun games for girls (and boys!)
- Learn and play with these science games for kids.
- Enjoy these simple tissue paper crafts.