This is an an amazing story!
It starts with a 5 year old girl.
Hailey Dawson is 5 years old and has a rare disease, Poland Syndrome that caused her right hand to not fully develop.
Her mom did research a few years ago and found that she could be helped by a 3D printer!
So what does that have to do with baseball?
A project completed by the students at UNLV, made this bionic hand dream come true.
Because her hand is Orioles-themed, it only seemed fitting to have her throw out the first pitch!
Take a look!
Little Girl with Robotic Hand Throws Out First Pitch Video
WANT TO SEE MORE GREAT VIDEOS?
More Baseball Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Babe Ruth signed baseball at an unexpected location!
- 5 easy baseball game snacks you need on your snack mom list.
- Need Elf on the Shelf baseball? I do!
- Here is our list of must-have baseball mom accessories.
- Baseball bags for moms and other baseball survival hacks.
- Did you see the Sandlot Reunion?
I had no idea a 3D printer could be THAT useful!