Argh! Shiver me timbers! Avast ye land lubbers! It doesn’t have to be Talk Like a Pirate Day to make some fun pirate crafts! Kids love make believe and playing pirate, so check out some of these great ideas for celebrating everything pirate. Yo ho ho!
25 Pirate Crafts Kids Can Make
We’ll start with the pirates themselves. Paper plates, cardboard tubes, or even a doll. What can you turn into a pirate?
- Paper Bag Pirate Puppet – Crafts by Amanda
- Paper Plate Pirate – I Heart Crafty Things
- Toilet Roll Captain Sparrow & Pirates – Red Ted Art
- Cardboard Tube Pirate – Kids Activities Blog
- Pirate Doll – Quirky Artist Loft
- Handprint Pirate – Fun Handprint Art
- Craft Stick Pirates – Melissa & Doug
Pirate Ship Crafts
A pirate wouldn’t be a pirate without his ship! After all, the word pirate means a person that robs at sea. Here are some fun pirate ship ideas for you to make.
- Egg Carton Pirate Raft – Molly Moo
- Cardboard Toy Pirate Ship – Molly Moo
- Cardboard Pirate Ship – Red Ted Art
- Milk Carton Pirate Ship – Fave Crafts
- Cardboard Pirate Ship – Molly Moo
- Sponge Pirate Ship – One Time Through
Booty is the gold, jewels and riches that a pirate steals from others while at sea. Often they’ll bury their treasure and create a treasure map so they can find it again later.
- Cardboard Pirate Treasure – Me and My Shadow
- Gold Play Dough – Fantastic Fun & Learning
- Salt Dough Doubloons – Hodge Podge Craft
- Egg Carton Treasure Chest – Red Ted Art
Be a Pirate – Make Believe Play
Dressing up like a pirate is fun and makes for a great afternoon of imaginative play! You can make everything you need to be a pirate, no need to buy a costume. Here are some great ideas!
- DIY Eye Patch – Vixen Made
- Captain Hook’s Hook – Inna’s Creations
- Pirate Spy Glass – Jessica’s Coupons
- Paper Pirate Hats – Krokotak
- Cardboard Swords – It’s Hobby Time
- Wooden Swords – Kids Activities Blog
- Make a Mast – Mom Endeavors
- Make a Pirate Flag – Celebration Shoppe
Hope you enjoyed these pirate crafts! You can find all of these, plus more on this Pirate Craft Pinterest board. Have fun!