Looking for pirate crafts and pirate activities? We have them! These pirate crafts are perfect for little pirates! These fun pirate crafts are perfect for kids of all ages, your young pirate will love each easy pirate craft whether it’s done at home or in the classroom!
Pirate Crafts for Kids
Argh! Shiver me timbers! Avast ye land lubbers! It doesn’t have to be Talk Like a Pirate Day to make some fun pirate crafts! Kids love make believe and playing pirate, so check out some of these great ideas for celebrating everything pirate. Yo ho ho!
We’ll start with the pirates themselves. Paper plates, cardboard tubes, or even a doll. What can you turn into a pirate?
Related: Add a still mustache or eye patch to your pirate pretend play.
Pirate Puppet Crafts For Kids
- Paper Bag Pirate Puppet – Crafts by Amanda
- Paper Plate Pirate – I Heart Crafty Things
- Toilet Roll Captain Sparrow & Pirates – Red Ted Art
- Cardboard Tube Pirate – Kids Activities Blog
- Pirate Doll – Quirky Artist Loft
- Handprint Pirate – Fun Handprint Art
- Craft Stick Pirates – Melissa & Doug
- Clothespin Pirate Dolls– Kids Activities Blog
Pirate Ship Crafts
A pirate wouldn’t be a pirate without his ship! After all, the word pirate means a person that robs at sea. Here are some fun pirate ship ideas for you to make.
- Egg Carton Pirate Raft – Molly Moo
- Cardboard Toy Pirate Ship – Molly Moo
- Cardboard Pirate Ship – Red Ted Art
- Milk Carton Pirate Ship – Fave Crafts
- Cardboard Pirate Ship – Molly Moo
- Sponge Pirate Ship – One Time Through
Pirate Booty Craft Ideas
Booty is the gold, jewels and riches that a pirate steals from others while at sea. Often they’ll bury their treasure and create a treasure map so they can find it again later.
- Cardboard Pirate Treasure – Me and My Shadow
- Gold Play Dough – Fantastic Fun & Learning
- Salt Dough Doubloons – Hodge Podge Craft
- Egg Carton Treasure Chest – Red Ted Art
Be a Pirate Crafts – Make Believe Play
Dressing up like a pirate is fun and makes for a great afternoon of imaginative play! You can make everything you need to be a pirate, no need to buy a costume. Here are some great ideas!
- DIY Eye Patch – Vixen Made
- Captain Hook’s Hook – Inna’s Creations
- Pirate Spy Glass – Jessica’s Coupons
- Paper Pirate Hats – Krokotak
- Cardboard Swords – It’s Hobby Time
- Wooden Swords – Kids Activities Blog
- Make a Mast – Mom Endeavors
- Make a Pirate Flag – Imagining History
Why We Love These Pirate Crafts and Pirate Activities
These pirate crafts are a great way to not only keep kids busy, but to promote pretend play, and work on fine motor skills! And they’re so creative! When I was a kid we just made a newspaper pirate hat.
There are so many more adorable pirates crafts. From finger puppets, to a treasure hunt, and all the pirate adventures in between, there is enough pirate crafts and pirate play for everyone!
More Pretend Play Crafts and Activities From Kids Activities Blog
- Pretend to be a veterinarian with this free printable set.
- Try out dramatic playtime with this pretend city craft.
- Be busy like mommy with this pretend work from home set!
- Check out these 75 fun pretend play ideas!
- Play doctor with these pretend play printables.
How did your pirate crafts turn out?