Do you have a stack of paper plates just begging for a crafternoon? Kids love to make paper plate crafts because there are just so many possibilities! Today we are going to turn one into a cute puppy dog.
Paper Plate Crafts: Puppy Dog
While my dog is tan and brown, you can pick whatever color you like. If you prefer not to paint, use crayons to color your paper plates instead.
Supplies are very minimal for this project!
You will need:
- 1 paper plate
- Paint: tan, brown, black, red
- 1 googly eye
- TOOLS: tape, white glue, scissors
- Dog pattern
- Cut the paper plate in half.
- Use the pattern to cut the shape of the dog's body from one half of the plate.
- Paint the body tan.
- Paint the piece you cut from the body tan. Also, paint each end of that piece, one end red, the other end brown (to be used for the tongue and ear).
- Paint the center of the second half of the plate tan.
- When dry, use the patterns to cut the pieces (brown = ear, red = tongue, tan = tail & head).
- Attach the ear to the head (roll a piece of tape sticky side out) and tape the tongue to the back of the head.
- Use the handle end of a paintbrush dipped in black paint to add the nose. Alternatively, you could use a black marker or a black pom pom.
- Use a black marker to draw on the paws.
- Use brown paint to add spots on the dog's back and tail.
- Let everything dry completely.
I hope you had fun making this cute puppy dog from a paper plate! If you liked this, you might want to try my paper plate cat too!