This paper plate lion craft is one of our favorite animal paper plate crafts for kids because it is so cute and easy. Making a lion out of a paper plate is perfect for kids of all ages especially preschool level. It is perfect for zoo camps, school, home or as part of a homeschool or classroom unit on African animals.
Paper Plate Lion Craft
This fun paper plate animal craft is fun and easy for kids of all ages!
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed to Make a Lion from a Paper Plate
- White paper plates
- Brown and yellow paint
- Brown construction paper
- Large googly eyes
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
Directions to Make Paper Plate Lion Craft
After gathering supplies, paint a brown ring around the outside of the paper plate.
Paint the inner portion of the paper plate yellow. Use the paintbrush to paint yellow streaks on top of the still-wet brown paint.
Cut the lion’s nose from the brown construction paper (we used a rounded heart shape). Press the nose and the wiggly eyes onto the still-wet yellow paint. If the paint becomes dry, secure the nose and wiggly eyes with white school glue.
Use the brush to paint a mouth and whiskers onto the lion.
When all of the paint is dry, snip the brown ring with scissors. Ruffle and bend the edges to create the lion’s mane.
Finished Paper Plate Lion Craft
Isn’t he cute? Super easy and fun paper plate animal craft for preschool, Kindergarten or beyond…
More Animal Crafts & Paper Plate Crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- You may also enjoy our Lion Zentagle coloring pages for kids.
- You will also want to check out these 25 Zoo Animal Crafts for kids!
- Make a paper plate snake craft.
- Craft this cute paper plate bird or paper plate birds craft.
- Have fun with this paper plate bunny craft.
- I love this cute turkey paper plate craft.
- Or make these fun paper plate polar bears.
- Oh so many fun paper plate crafts for kids.
How did your paper plate lion craft turn out?