Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork is one of those easy dinner ideas for kids – and everyone in the family will LOVE it!
It only takes minutes to assemble this 3 ingredient recipe in your crock pot, and after simmering for a few hours, it will be all ready when dinner time rolls around!
Are you feeling like you’re a stuck at home mom in desperate search of a list of mom life hacks? If so, I have a great idea for your dinner idea dilemma today. Dr. Pepper pulled pork is a super easy thing to make.
And may I add, it is delicious! Everyone will love it, and it doesn’t require a lot of work from you. (This post contains affiliate links.)
3 Ingredient Pork Slow Cooker Dinner
You’ll Need Only These 3 Ingredients For This Simple Shredded Pork Recipe:
- 1 Can of Dr. Pepper (or a bottle, if that’s all you can find)
- 1 Packet of Onion Soup Mix
- 2-3 Pounds of Pork Roast
You will also need a slow cooker for this recipe! It’ll help cook your roast low and slow keeping it juicy and tender!
How To Make Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork Sandwiches In A Slow Cooker
1.If your pork roast is too big for your crock pot, cut it into sections so that it will fit into your crock pot.
2. Roll the pork in the onion soup mix until it is coated well.
3.Pour the Dr. Pepper over the pork till it is nearly covered in your cooker.
(The bottle of Dr. Pepper seemed a little generous, so I poured most of it over the pork and then drank the rest!;))
4.Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
Cooking meals in the crock pot is very forgiving. I actually assembled mine at 9 pm, turned it on low, and let it simmer slowly all night long.
The next morning, I shredded the meat, returned it back into the juices, and it was all ready for our lunch guests.
5. Remove the cooked pork from the crock pot (it will be falling apart!) and shred all the meat with two forks. Return it back to the crock pot and gently stir it into the juice.
If you find there is too much liquid, just use a ladle to remove some.
Drizzle over your favorite barbecue sauce if you’d like.
How To Serve Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Place some of the shredded meat over a split hamburger bun.
Add more barbecue sauce to the top if you prefer.
This recipe was updated July 2020 with new photographs and recipe tips.
Need some more dinner ideas? Try these:
- These crockpot soup recipes are perfect for busy days.
- This tortilla soup crock pot recipe sounds so delicious.
- Don’t these crock pot cornish hens sound interesting?
- Oh, YUM! – Crockpot fudge!
- This might be helpful if you have an instant pot slow cooker.
- You’ll like this if you like sausage dinners.
- Make ahead meals for busy moms are my favorite kind of cooking!
- Here are some simple lunch ideas.
- How about some 5 course dinner menu ideas?
- These traditional Italian recipes sound delicious.
- Tex-mex dishesTex-mex dishes are some our favorites.
- Short on time? These 15 minute dinner recipes are just what you need.
- These fall side dishes can help finish a meal.
- We all need these back to school dinner ideas.
- Easy homemade pizza recipes sound like fun.