We love Tex-Mex recipes in my home — I think it may be one of our favorites! These 5 Yummy Tex-Mex Dinner Recipes Your Family Will Love are the perfect answer to “what’s for dinner?”
Let’s make some Yummy Tex-Mex Dinner Dishes
They say the US is a melting pot. Well, it’s a good thing because now, we get a healthy diversity of people with diverse food options! In this list are samples of Texas-Mexican food your family can enjoy too!
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Tex-Mex Black Bean and Corn Salad Dinner Recipe
Hey! This black bean and corn salad recipe is a really good side dish for a festive dinner. Enjoy it with the whole family!
Ingredients Needed To Make Black Bean and Corn Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Corn Kernels
- 2 15-oz. cans of Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 6 Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh Lime Juice
- A teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- A Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- An Avocado (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro (optional)
Burnt Macaroni‘s Black Bean and Corn Salad is a perfect side dish or starter. It even works as a meal!
2. Mexican Rice Dinner Recipe
Mexican meals will not be complete without rice. So here’s the perfect rice recipe for you to try and enjoy with the whole family!
Ingredients Needed To Make Mexican Rice:
- 2 cups long grain Rice
- 1/4 cup Oil
- Tomato Sauce (8 oz can)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups Water + 1 Chicken flavored Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- Dash Cumin
- Cilantro (optional)
- Dash Garlic Pepper
Head on over to Lil Luna to check out this amazing restaurant-style recipe!
3. Tasty Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe
I love these tasty Mexican stuffed peppers. The flavors just simply blend in so perfectly.
Ingredients Needed To Make Mexican Stuffed Peppers:
- 1 package prepared Spanish Rice
- A Tomato, diced
- 1 pound Ground Beef, browned
- Red or Green Bell Peppers
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Fresh Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
How To Make Mexican Stuffed Peppers:
- First, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Next, prepare the peppers by slicing off the top and removing any seeds, or ribs, inside.
- Place the peppers in a baking pan, fill the bottom with water. Then, place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until soft.
- Next, follow the directions for the pre-made Spanish Rice. Cooke, and then set aside.
- In a saucepan, brown the ground beef. Drain the fat and add the diced tomatoes. Then, season with salt and pepper.
- Then, combine the meat, tomatoes, and the Spanish Rice.
- Fill the peppers with the meat/rice mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese.Then, place back into the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
4. Tex-Mex Dinner Recipe: Easy Chicken Enchiladas
How about some unique enchiladas? This Tex-Mex recipe will surely be a hit on your dinner table!
Ingredients Needed To Make Chicken Enchiladas:
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- A 10-oz can of Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- A cup of Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- A medium Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Rotisserie Chicken, cubed
- A 4-oz. can of Green Chiles, drained
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Queso Fresco Cheese, crumbled
Head on over to Wisconsin Cheese Talk for the yummy recipe!
5. Easy Black Bean Tacos Recipe
Get a healthy version of tacos by mixing some black beans in them. It’s so fun and festive!
Ingredients Needed To Make Black Bean Tacos:
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- A cup of Corn
- 1 cup Black Beans
- A Tomato, chopped
- 1 cup Red Onions minced
- 1 cup Green Peppers chopped
- Taco Shells or Flour Tortillas
- 1/8 teaspoon Mole Sauce (add more if you like it really spicy)
- An Avocado, chopped into squares
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
If you love black beans and tacos, Burnt Macaroni‘s Black Bean Taco recipe is for you! It’s light and fresh–perfect for dinner tonight!
Recipes Kids Love
- Making Bread with Kids – 25+ Easy Bread Recipes
- (Simple Suppers) 20+ Slow Cooker Recipes Kids Love
- Eating for Kids: Easy Recipes Your Kids Will Love
- 5 Fun, Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
- 50+ Picnic Ideas for Kids
- 5 Easy Homemade Pizza Recipes
- 13 Kid-Approved Chicken Nugget Recipes
- You have to try this arepa con queso recipe!
What is your favorite Tex-Mex dish? Comment below!