With a 16-month old running around, I am lucky if I can shower most days. So having dinner done by the time my husband gets home from work takes a miracle — my crockpot! I can throw everything into it around the time my youngest is napping and wah-lah, dinner is served on time! My most recent creation was this Crockpot Cornish Game Hen Chicken.
This is a delicious crockpot recipe and is perfect whether you are making it for a few or for a crowd. Plus it’s made in my favorite kitchen appliance (yup, it’s a crockpot) which also makes it easy! We certainly hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Crockpot Cornish Game Hen Chicken
What you need to make Crockpot Cornish Game Hen Chicken:
- Cornish Game Hen Chicken (you can find these at your local grocery store)
- 8 oz. Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 2 Fresh Oranges, Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
You can use fresh or dried herbs and spices.
How to Make Crockpot Cornish Game Hen Chicken:
- Prepare your crockpot and start getting it heated.
- Open the package of the chicken and remove the plastic covering. Place the chicken onto a hard surface such as a cutting board.
- Rub the Olive Oil onto the top and sides of your game hen.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper onto the chicken ensuring it sticks where you applied the olive oil.
- In a bowl combine the orange juice, honey, and remaining herbs. Stir well.
- Cut the oranges into slices.
- Arrange the game hen chickens in your crockpot so they are barely touching each other.
- Dump the juice mixture into the bottom of the crockpot and arrange the oranges to be on top of the chicken and on the sides of the chicken.
- Cook on low heat for 4-6 hours or high high for 2-3 hours. Use a food thermometer to ensure the chicken cooks to 180 degrees (check the very inside middle).
- If you want a nice browning on the top, remove from crockpot and place into the oven on broil for 6-8 minutes until the chicken skin receives a nice brown coating.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want another easy and delicious crockpot recipe? Give this Crockpot Hot Cocoa a try!