Do you ever get in a dinner rut? It can be hard to keep your dinners fresh every night. These 5 Course Dinner Recipes for a Mid-Week Slump will save the day!
5 Course Dinner Recipes for a Mid-Week Slump
This post contains affiliate links.
Chicken Cutlets Dinner Recipe
Burnt Macaroni‘s Chicken Cutlets are one of our go-to meals during the week! It always makes for a quick and easy dinner when you are in a slump!
Greek Salad Recipe
For the salad:
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives
- A of head Romaine Lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Cucumber, sliced into fourths
- A cup of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion cut into slices
- Feta Cheese, crumbled
For the dressing:
- 6 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Oregano, minced
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Start by combining all of the dressing ingredients in a mason jar, and then shake.
- Next, combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Add dressing to salad.
Mushroom Risotto Dinner Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 package Portobello Mushrooms, sliced thin
- 6 cups Chicken Broth, divided
- 1 package White Mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup White White
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley sprinkled on top
Burnt Macaroni‘s Mushroom Risotto is the perfect side dish for the Chicken Cutlet. This risotto can also be a self-contained meal. You will love it!
Veggie Kabob Dinner Recipe
- First, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Then, using a skewer, layer the cut veggies.
- Next, place the skewers on a cookie sheet, and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with greek seasoning.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until veggies soften.
Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- 6 oz. Chocolate semi-sweet chips or bittersweet chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Sponge Cake or Angel Food Cake, cut into cubes
- First, in a large mixing cup, combine chocolate and heavy cream. Then, microwave for 1-2 minutes (check after 1 minute to see if it’s a liquid).
- Next, pour into a serving bowl.
- Using skewers, dip strawberries or cake into chocolate, and enjoy!
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
One of the best parts about cooking is that it’s an excuse to try out new kitchen gadgets! Here are a few of our favorites! These make wonderful holidays gifts for the foodies on your shopping list:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
Easy Dinner Recipes
- 15 Minute Dinners – Here Are 5 Recipes for This Week
- 5 Easy 3-Ingredient Dinner Recipes
- My Tips for picky Eaters at Dinner Time
- Meal Planning Made Easy with Five Dinners in One Hour
- Quick Dinners – 21 Recipes for 30 Minute Meals
- 21 Make-Ahead Dinners
- Crockpot Christmas: 30 Holiday Slow Cooker Recipes
What’s your family’s favorite dinner? Comment below!