Quick Grilled Chicken Kabobs
If you want an easy and delicious recipe to cook on the grill, I recommend trying these Grilled Chicken Kabobs. They are juicy and flavorful and pair well with any side dish. After marinating, they take less than 15 minutes to cook which makes this a quick meal on a hot summer night.
The Best Chicken Marinated Kabobs
With this recipe, you get the best of sweet and savory with slightly salty soy sauce and honey. The apple cider vinegar adds a little tang while also making your chicken breast nice and tender. The veggies and pineapple go into the marinade with the chicken so they can also soak up all of the tasty flavors before going on the grill, too.
Related: Try this recipe for Yummy Grilled Chicken Thighs
My favorite part about this recipe is that you can make it ahead if you choose! You only need to marinate your kabobs for a minimum of 30 minutes but if you are pressed for time, you can get them prepped and ready several hours before it’s time to eat. This is ideal for cookouts or potlucks. Plus, it’s even kid-friendly! Make these kabobs and Simple Grilled Pizza and your little ones will be so happy.
How to Make Grilled Chicken Kabobs
There’s not a lot of prep or cooking involved with these chicken skewers, giving you more time to hang out with your family. Once the marinade is prepared, the chicken, pineapples, and vegetables just hang out and soak up all of the yummy flavors before being nicely charred on the grill. The marinade caramelizes on the outside of the skewers giving you an extra depth of flavor. I love sharing this recipe for get-togethers.
Ingredients Needed to Make Chicken Kabobs
- Chicken breasts – Boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Fresh pineapple – Peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Bell peppers – Use any color you like. Seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Red onion – Cut into 1-inch pieces
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
Directions for Grilled Chicken Kabobs
First, whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. This is your marinade.
After you have cut up your chicken and produce, add them to a resealable bag along with your marinade. Seal and toss to coat.
Place in your refrigerator for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
When ready to cook, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
Remove your marinated kabob ingredients from the refrigerator and thread them onto the skewers. Make sure you alternate ingredients.
Tip: You can use either metal or bamboo skewers. If you choose bamboo, soak them in water for 20 minutes before using them to prevent burning.
Place the skewers on the grill and turn them occasionally, allowing all sides to char and the veggies to become tender. This should take about 10-12 minutes.
Remove the kabobs from the grill once cooked and let them rest for at least 5 minutes.
Serve these grilled chicken kabobs over rice or the side of your choice along with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you have any leftovers, store them in the refrigerator.
More Chicken Recipes from Kids Activities Blog
- Love fried chicken but not the extra oil? Try Easy & Best Air Fryer Fried Chicken Recipe for crispy and juicy chicken.
- One-pot meals are a great go-to for a busy night. This recipe for Quick & Easy Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken gives you some extra time to relax.
- For an easy and versatile meal, Easy Instant Pot BBQ Chicken gives you so many different ways to serve it.
- If you want more inspiration for grilled chicken, take a look at these 20 Delicious Grilled Chicken Recipes the Whole Family Will Love.
If you tried this recipe for Grilled Chicken Kabobs, tell us what you think! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below along with your favorite side dish to make with them.
Quick Grilled Chicken Kabobs
I recommend trying these Grilled Chicken Kabobs. They are juicy and flavorful and pair well with any side dish. After marinating, they take less than 15 minutes to cook which makes this a quick meal on a hot summer night.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers (any color), seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Skewers, bamboo or metal **see notes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Add the chicken, pineapple, bell peppers, and red onion to a resealable bag and toss to coat the ingredients with the marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Remove chicken mixture from refrigerator and thread the skewers, alternating the ingredients
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, occasionally turning, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the grilled chicken kabobs with your favorite dipping sauce or over a bed of rice.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water 20 minutes before grilling