Let’s Have Some Halloween Fun with the Toilet Paper Mummy Game
The toilet paper mummy game is the perfect game for your a Halloween party at home or in the classroom with kids of all ages. The mummy game is easy to set up with minimal expense and the giggling kids will love the competition!
Halloween Mummy Game (aka toilet paper mummy game)
If you’re looking for a great Halloween game to play with your kids look no further! This Mummy game idea works well for Halloween fun as a family or a group of kids (or even adults).
Related: More fun Halloween games for kids
The mummy game is such a cute and fun game that only requires stuff that you already have at home, it is perfect!
Supplies Needed to Play Mummy Game
- A roll of toilet paper for each team
Rules To Play The Mummy Game at a Halloween Party
Back when I was a kid, we used to have Halloween parties and the Mummy Game was always a hit. The rules are simple:
- Break the participants into teams of 2-4 players each.
- Each team is given one roll of toilet paper.
- Put 2 minutes on the clock (you can make this longer for younger kids).
- When the timer starts, each team uses the toilet paper roll and wraps the toilet paper around a willing participant, turning them into a mummy as comprehensively as they can covering the entire body.
- When the timer goes off, the “judge” determines which team covered their “mummy” the most comprehensively or if you want to have the teams all vote, that works great too.
Making a Mummy at Home
If you do not have an upcoming Halloween party for this Halloween game, you can still do this as a Halloween activity at home:
- When I told my son we were going to play with a roll of toilet paper, he looked at me as if I was handing him the forbidden fruit! I told him to stand still with his arms out and then, I slowly and methodically wrapped his arms, torso, and head with the toilet paper (we never made it to the legs).
- It was hard for him to stand still due to all the giggling. Because of the fragility of the toilet paper, it would often break, but we would just tuck it back in and continue wrapping.
- The baby didn’t really appreciate our attempt to make her into a mummy “ she would rather tear the toilet paper to shreds instead.
- Make sure your mummies have an opportunity to see themselves in the mirror before they break out of their bandages!
Variation of this Game for a Bridal Shower Game
I’ve seen this particular activity be played at bridal showers too, though the goal is to make a toilet paper wedding dress instead. And the winner isn’t the one who covered the body the most, but the most beautifully.
Oh, and you need more than 2 minutes!
More Halloween ideas & fun from kids activities blog
Create some fun family memories with silly Halloweens game like this. For more Halloween ideas, check out these other fun kids activities perfect for the Halloween holiday and beyond:
- We have more mummy ideas! We have 25 awesome and spooky mummy craft ideas!
- Our favorite easy homemade Halloween decorations!
- Make this Halloween window clings idea…it is a scary cute spider!
- We have the cutest 30 Halloween craft ideas for kids!
- Make easy Halloween drawings with this printable step by step tutorial.
- Our favorite pumpkin carving kit is pretty cool! Check it out for the ultimate Halloween craft…pumpkin carving!
- These Halloween games for kids are sooooo fun!
- These homemade Halloween costumes are fun for kids of any age.
- These Halloween coloring pages are free to print and scary cute.
- I love these Halloween door decorations that the entire family can help create.
- Don’t miss out on these Halloween crafts!
Did you play the mummy game with toilet paper? How did it turn out? Do you have some rule suggestions or modifications for the mummy toilet paper roll game?
ohhhh so much fun!!! that’s on our to do list! Thanks for sharing xx
That can generate the homepage the movie star planet game.