Let’s practice the cursive letter j with these free printable letter cursive worksheets. Each printable worksheet has plenty of space for letter formation tracing and then space for cursive writing practice of both uppercase letters and lowercase letters to optimize muscle memory!
We also included a simple cursive alphabet flashcard featuring the letter of the alphabet, J! Trace, color and cut out the letter flash card for individual letters and create a cursive workbook for quick reference.
While curriculums and school schedules differ, cursive handwriting skills are associated with older kids and usually are taught in third grade when older students are 8 years old. International standards and common core standards don’t include cursive education as a necessary skill, but many states, schools and curriculums still see value in children easily writing cursive words and continue to include cursive handwriting in their educational activities.
Free Printable Cursive Practice Sheets
We will be publishing these practice pages and flash cards for cursive letters a-z, so watch for the next letter! You can always reference all our handwriting practice worksheets <–by clicking here! The letter J is the tenth letter in this series.
Download & print these cursive handwriting worksheets for the letter J to help students gain the important skills of cursive capital and lower case letter formation through a hands on learning process.
Cursive Letter J Flash Card
Our first page of the free worksheets is a cursive flashcard featuring the letter J. Follow the numbered instructions to create the proper letter shape.
Upper Case Letter J
Here are the numbered steps to create a cursive capital J:
- Start at the bottom of the line and draw a loop.
- Bring the loop back down and create another smaller diagonal loop.
Lower Case Letter J
You can also trace the example letters to write a cursive lowercase J in the correct order of the steps:
- Draw a loop and bring it down past the bottom line.
- Make a looped end and bring it upwards.
Cursive Letter J Tracing Practice
Our second page of these cursive writing worksheets has 6 dotted-line practice handwriting lines.
The first 6 lines are for trace the letter:
- 2 lines for tracing the capital letter in cursive
- 2 lines for tracing the lower case letter in cursive
- 2 lines to try cursive writing independently
At the bottom there is a fun letter identification game to find the letter j.
Download & Print Cursive Practice Worksheet Here
We are excited that by following these simple steps, tracing and practicing the letters, your kids will have beautiful cursive!
More Letter Learning Resources from Kids Activities Blog
- Let’s learn more about the letter j
- How to hold a pencil
- More free handwriting worksheets
- Use some of these name handwriting practice techniques on your cursive letter!
- Not quite ready for cursive? Start with these pre handwriting worksheets great for preschool
- More alphabet for kids
How did your kids use the cursive handwriting page?