Practicing sight word skills is fun with these sight word worksheets with a unicorn theme. These unicorn sight words printable worksheets are just what you need if you are looking for fun reading worksheet ideas that will help your child learn to read and write. Use our unicorn sight word worksheets at home or in the classroom for kids learning to read (ages 5-8).
Learning Sight Words
Learning how to read and write can be a fun task, especially if you add unicorn coloring activities to the mix. Kids learn best when they are having fun. Click purple button to download & print worksheet set:
Related: Sight word activities
What are sight words?
Sight words are words that young children are encouraged to memorize as a whole by sight rather than trying to sound them out. Learning sight words helps children how to read faster by being able to identify frequently used words without having to sound them out.
Related: Play a sight word game
Sight Word Practice Worksheet Set Includes
1. Sight Word Tracing Worksheet
- On the first sight word worksheet, have your child trace the word and say it out loud. Then let them write it on the blank line below.
- Read the next sentence aloud with them and let them fill in the blank with their newly-learned sight word.
- There is a cute picture of the unicorn from the sentence your child will have fun coloring that will help reinforce the meaning of the sentence at the same time.
- Then repeat these steps with the second sight word!
2. Sight Word IdentifY & Color Worksheet
- On the second unicorn sight word worksheet, have your child choose a color to circle a word from the word bank.
- Then search for the same sight word in the picture on the coloring sheet.
- Kids can circle the matching word or color in the cloud – whichever they like!
Download & Print Sight Word Worksheet PDF Files Here
Children can color this unicorn sight words page with crayons or colored pencils after they are done finding the sight words!
More Free sight words printable Worksheets
I love reading games for kids, like this unicorn sight words printable, because they are a very helpful learning resource that can be done anytime, anywhere, with very little prep. Here are more sight word resources:
- Baby Shark words game – instant learning fun.
- Rainbow sight words – a very colorful experience.
- Halloween sight words – it’s not so spooky!
- Sight word toys – it makes learning so much easier.
More unicorn activities from Kids Activities Blog
- Check out these DELICIOUS unicorn food recipes
- This unicorn slime recipe is so easy to make and so much fun, too.
- Older kids will also love making this unicorn snot slime to squeeze, squish and play with the magical mixture.
- Wow – these epic unicorn party ideas will make your entire family feeling magical for days.
- Grab your pencil and download a unicorn printable maze for kids.
- These pre-k matching worksheets have a unicorn theme.
- Color these cute unicorn doodles.
- Unicorn coloring pages are so much fun.
- These fun unicorn facts are a blast to learn.
- Let’s learn how to draw a unicorn.
- We love these hidden pictures printables.
- Do a simple unicorn dot to dot worksheet.
- Oh! Try our preschool count and color number worksheets.
- Math has never been more unicorn-y: Addition color by number worksheets & Subtraction color by number with a unicorn theme
How did you use the unicorn sight word worksheet?