We are back with fun kindergarten activities that encourage creativity and enhance fine motor skills – today we are learning how to draw a unicorn step by step!
With this unicorn drawing tutorial, your little one will be able to draw a unicorn from scratch in no time. Let’s get drawing!
Make an easy unicorn drawing!
Whether your little one is a beginner or an experienced artist, learning how to draw an adorable unicorn will keep them entertained for a while. We always make sure that our cartoon things to draw are easy enough for children of all ages and skill levels!
Easy steps to draw a unicorn
This free 3-page step-by-step easy unicorn drawing tutorial is a great indoor activity: it’s easy to follow, doesn’t require a lot of preparation, and the result is a cute easy unicorn drawing!
There will be some erasing so be sure and grab your erasable coloring pencils or pens with erasable ink.
Instructions for this how to draw an adorable unicorn tutorial:
- Start with the unicorn body: draw an oval with a line near the bottom.
- Draw another oval on top of the first one, but make it flatter on the bottom.
- Erase the extra lines.
- Add an oval to each side of the bottom – these will be our unicorn’s hooves!
- Erase extra lines and add two arched lines in the middle.
- Add two triangles on each side of the head to make the ears.
- Draw the horn in the middle! Add lines across the horn to add texture.
- Draw the hair between the ears by adding a mango-shaped circle, and erase extra lines.
- Add details like a smile, cute eyes, cheeks… Get creative!
The steps are easier to follow with the printable instructions because you can go step by step following each example.
Download how to draw a unicorn here:
Here are more easy drawing tutorials for kids:
- If your kids love unicorns they may also enjoy this simple how to draw a horse guide – then add a horn!
- Kids obsessed with everything Baby Shark will love this Baby Shark drawing tutorial, as well as learning how to draw a shark easy tutorial.
- Check out these easy how to draw a butterfly step by step instructions.
- This creative drawing games for kids uses simple drawing prompts to spark imaginations. Give it a try!
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
This post contains affiliate links.
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
You can find TONS of awesome coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More unicorn fun from Kids Activities Blog:
- Check out these DELICIOUS unicorn food recipes to make with your kids right now.
- Unicorn fans will love these adorable unicorn coloring pages.
- This unicorn slime recipe is so easy to make and so much fun, too.
- Older kids will also love making this unicorn snot slime to squeeze, squish and play with the magical mixture.
- Learn 20 fun facts about unicorns with these color-able unicorn printables.
- These epic unicorn party ideas will make your entire family feeling magical for days.
How did your unicorn drawing turn out?