Let’s learn how to draw a unicorn with this easy step by step lesson for kids of all ages. Download and print the easy unicorn drawing guide and in no time you will be making a cute unicorn drawing of your own. Use our how to draw a unicorn easy tutorial at home or in the classroom.
How to Draw a Unicorn Easy
Whether your kid is a beginner or an experienced artist, learning how to draw a unicorn will keep them entertained while developing important art skills. Click the purple button to download and print the easy unicorn drawing steps:
Easy steps to draw a unicorn
You will need paper, pencil and eraser to follow these unicorn drawing steps.
Start with the unicorn body: draw an oval with a line near the bottom.
Draw another oval on top of the first one, but make it flatter on the bottom.
Add an oval to each side of the bottom – these will be our unicorn’s hooves!
Erase extra lines and add two arched lines in the middle.
Add two triangles on each side of the head to make the ears.
Draw the horn in the middle! Add lines across the horn to add texture.
Draw the hair between the ears by adding a mango-shaped circle, and erase extra lines. Add details like a smile, cute eyes, cheeks… Get creative!
Drawing A Unicorn Printable Instructions
The steps are easier to follow with the printable instructions because you can go step by step following each example.
This free 3-page step-by-step easy unicorn drawing tutorial is a great indoor activity: it’s easy to follow, doesn’t require a lot of preparation, and the result is a cute easy unicorn drawing!
Download & Print How To Draw A Unicorn PDF File Here
Make an easy unicorn drawing Yours
- From the front leg, to the hind legs, all the way to the unicorn head, including unicorn’s horn on top of the unicorn, you’ll have cute cartoon unicorns in no time.
- The cool part is, each simple step only requires some vertical lines, or a curved line or two, just simple lines to draw these legendary creatures and their unicorn horn.
- You can even design it too look like the Last Unicorn. Add a flowing mane and lots of color! You could even make them look like My Little Pony!
Here are more easy drawing tutorials for kids
- If your kids love unicorns they may also enjoy this simple how to draw a horse guide – then add a horn!
- Kids obsessed with everything Baby Shark will love this Baby Shark drawing tutorial, as well as learning how to draw a shark easy tutorial.
- Check out these easy how to draw a butterfly step by step instructions.
- This creative drawing games for kids uses simple drawing prompts to spark imaginations. Give it a try!
This post contains affiliate links.
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- You will need an eraser for great drawings!
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find TONS of awesome coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More unicorn fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Check out these DELICIOUS unicorn food recipes to make with your kids right now.
- Unicorn fans will love these adorable unicorn coloring pages.
- This unicorn slime recipe is so easy to make and so much fun, too.
- Older kids will also love making this unicorn snot slime to squeeze, squish and play with the magical mixture.
- Learn 20 fun facts about unicorns with these color-able unicorn printables.
- These epic unicorn party ideas will make your entire family feeling magical for days.
- Check out this unicorn doodle coloring page!
- Fun kindergarten activities that encourage creativity and enhance fine motor skills.
How did your unicorn drawing turn out?