These free Harry Potter stencils are perfect for your Harry Potter super fan! Is your kid obsessed with Harry Potter? Do they like magic? Then these stencils are perfect for them!
JK Rowling’s Harry Potter is one of the best book sagas that both adults and children can enjoy. In other words, Harry Potter is ageless!
Whether your kid belongs in a Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin or Hufflepuff house, we are sure everyone will enjoy adding a touch of the wizarding world to almost anything you can imagine with these (unofficial!) Harry Potter stencils.
Harry Potter Crafts for Kids
Here at Kids Activities Blog we take crafts very seriously! As seriously as we take Harry Potter.
Benefits of Kids Crafts
Kids crafts are super fun and are great boredom busters, but just look at some of the benefits of crafting and DIY activities:
- They help small children develop fine motor skills
- They help children focus on specific activities
- Children learn how to follow instructions
- Kids can improve their vocabulary and understanding of language
- They develop patience and enhance problem skills
- And my favorite one… kids get to use their creativity!
Hands On Learning Through Harry Potter Inspired Play
So instead of watching the same old TV shows, why not try a Harry Potter DIY project? You can use these stencils to create Harry Potter art pretty much anywhere you can think of. Isn’t that awesome? I’m going to shrink them down and use them for a cinnamon sprinkle stencil on my latte!
If you have a baby on the way or your little ones love Harry Potter, you’ll love this Harry Potter nursery! This woman brings life to the walls in a very creative way. It’s almost magical!
Printable Harry Potter Stencils
These printable free Harry Potter stencils can be used anywhere, from pumpkin carving to birthday cards and even clothes! You can shrink them down using your printer settings and use them for cupcake topper sprinkle stencils!
These Harry Potter stencils feature four (still unofficial) Harry Potter inspired designs.
How to Download & Print Free Stencil Templates
To use them, all the material you will need need is:
- card stock paper
- glue & scissors
- sponge brush
- paint, fabric paint, crayons, colored pencils
- whatever material you want to use these patterns on!
Start by printing and cutting out your Hogwarts stencil. I printed my pattern on plain printer paper, so I had to cut the pattern out of the paper, and then trace and cut it out of the card stock.
Stencil Use Tip to Avoid Stencil Pattern Smear
Personally I like to test the paint or ink I’m using for the stencil on paper before applying it to an object like a tshirt. I definitely don’t want any drips or smears on a new tshirt design!
How to Use Harry Potter Stencil Patterns
The great thing about printables is that you can always make new stencils when you need them – like if they get soggy from paint. If you want to make these Harry Potter DIY stencils last longer, try using card stock for your stencil. They are easy to wipe off and save for next time when sealed with a laminator if you have access to one. Reusable and easy to clean? Perfect!
And that’s it! You’re ready to use these stencils wherever you think needs a little bit more magic. Here are some ideas:
- old shirts & jeans
- happy birthday cards
- paper plates
& so much more!
Download here: (Unofficial)
Want more magic? We have tons of Harry Potter activities for you:
- Yummy! This butterbeer recipe is kid-safe and super delicious!
- Learn Hogwarts’ most important spells with this free 12-page (unofficial) Harry Potter spells printables collection.
- Who said fashion and Harry Potter didn’t go well together? The Vera Bradley Harry Potter collection is perfect for back to school!
- Daniel Radcliffe will read Harry Potter to your kids for free.
- Kids can submit Harry Potter artwork for virtual story time readings with Daniel Radcliffe. We’ll tell you how!
- Hogwarts at home? Yes, please! We have tons of Harry Potter activities to make that a reality.
- Visit Hogwarts from your own home with this virtual Hogwarts visit!
- If your kids love Harry Potter and escape rooms, then they will love this digital Harry Potter escape room. (You won’t have to leave your home!)
- This is important for young wizards: learn how to make a Harry Potter spell book here.
- We have 15 magical Harry Potter snacks that you’ll want to try today.
- Have a birthday coming up? No problem. Check out these Harry Potter gift ideas for kids.
- We have another craft idea for you: easy Harry Potter mandrake root pencil holder!
- These are the most adorable Harry Potter for babies gear. So cute!
- For curious kids who want to know how they make magic happen in the movies, you’ll want to check out this Harry Potter screen test.
- This Harry Potter pumpkin juice recipe is perfect for Halloween!