Every reader wishes they could attend Hogwarts.
J.K. Rowling’s magical world has inspired the imaginations of countless readers, and has everyone wishing for the letter on their 11th birthday inviting them to join the next class at Hogwarts. And right now, you can with the new Harry Potter at Home Hub!
During these stay-indoors times, Rowling has partnered with WizardingWorld.com, Audible, Bloomsbury, OverDrive, Pottermore Publishing and Scholastic to bring Harry Potter into our homes!
There are all sorts of offerings available. Rowling has made the first book in the series, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, available for free on Audible.com to listen to, and free for Overdrive Library patrons to download and read in the month of April.
As well, teachers have been granted a special license to record themselves reading the books online to their classrooms!
And there’s so much more to explore–Harry Potter puzzles with word searches and crosswords to do, quizzes to take, and arts and crafts videos. We’re all set to learn how to draw our very own Niffler! (For those not in the know, a Niffler is a magical creatures, similar to a mole/platypus combination, who searches out gold.)
While Harry Potter at home is not quite the same as going to Hogwarts yourself, it’s definitely the next best thing right now, and a great way to occupy time while you’re stuck in the house.
MORE FUN THINGS TO DO WHILE YOU’RE STUCK AT HOME:
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are so fun and easy!
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.