Daniel Radcliffe Will Read ‘Harry Potter’ To Your Kids At Home. Here’s How.
Muggles and wizards, listen up! Daniel Radcliffe kicked off a new virtual story time with a reading of the very first Harry Potter book, “Philosopher’s Stone/Sorcerer’s Stone.” He started with chapter one, “The Boy Who Lived,” and immediately took readers and fans back to the magical beginnings of Harry Potter. Bonus: his reading — as well as future chapter readings — are all free.
Not only did Radcliffe lend his voice to the narration, but his video also shares some awesome illustrations by Harry Potter’s youngest fans. In fact, kids everywhere are encouraged to share their artwork of the book’s key scenes for future chapter readings.
Artwork can be submitted online and it may even have a chance of being featured in a future video! To submit, use the hashtag #HarryPotteratHome and tweet to @WizardingWorld‘s Twitter account.
I’m happy to share this Harry Potter drawing features in the first Harry Potter At Home Reading video series launched today! Visit https://t.co/oefppX3Xhc to watch Daniel Radcliffe read Chapter 1: The Boy Who Lived @WizardingWorld #HarryPotterAtHome pic.twitter.com/QvgAN7ORpn
— Caroline Cohen Ring (@c_cohenring) May 5, 2020
(There’s also an audio-only version of Radcliffe’s reading on Spotify, but trust me when I say the illustrations lend a special something to the reading.)
As for future chapter readings, a cast of celebrities — including Dakota Fanning, David Beckham, Claudia Kim, and Eddie Redmayne, among others — have signed up to be narrators. Over the coming weeks, tune in to Harry Potter at Home to hear the first book unfold chapter by chapter. Some surprises are promised along the way too! We can’t wait to see what they are.
Brush up on Your Wizarding Education with More Harry Potter Fun
As if these readings weren’t cool enough, there’s so much more of the wizarding world in store. Kids can take part in a Chapter Challenge, which includes tasks, quizzes, and a secret quest. After each chapter reading they can collect house points!
If your kids want to learn more about Albus Dumbledore, check out this resource about the “Man in the Purple Cloak.” (Warning: if this your kid’s first time visiting the wizarding world, there are some spoilers).
OTHER ACTIVITIES KIDS LOVE:
- Make your own headband with buttons for mask.
- Check out our favorite halloween games.
- You will love playing these 50 science games for kids!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5-minute crafts solve boredom every time.
- These fun facts for kids are sure to impress.
- Join one of your kids’ favorite authors or illustrators for online story time!
- Throw a unicorn party… because why not? These ideas are so fun!
- Learn how to make a compass.
- Create an Ash Ketchum costume for play pretend!
- Kids love unicorn slime.
- Throw a baby shark party!
- Make a homemade bouncy ball.
- Make reading even more fun with this PBKids summer reading challenge.