If you think back to what you did in middle school, did it involve earning an associate’s degree? What about FOUR associate’s degrees???
This amazing student from California did just that. Jack Rico, age 13, spent the last two years doing just that. He graduated a few days ago with associate’s degrees in history, human expression, social behavior and social science, all while maintaining a 4.0 GPA!
Rico graduated from Fullerton College in California this last week. His accomplishments make him the youngest student to graduate in the school’s 107-year-old history, according to the college.
As a toddler, Rico’s mother knew he was gifted. For his birthday, he requested a trip to Washington DC to see the White House, memorizing the presidents and Vice Presidents to convince her to take him there. (He did get his trip.)
He was homeschooled before attending Fullerton, which allowed him to further study subjects that interested him, and paved the way for his amazing college graduation. Due to the pandemic, the official ceremony was cancelled, but his friends and family have made it special for him.
Next up, Rico will be heading to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, where he received a full scholarship to study history.
What an incredible little boy and a total inspiration! He is going to do great things, I just know it!
YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE THESE ACTIVITIES:
- Play these 50 science games for kids
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Take your mind off dinner and use these easy dinner ideas.
- Try these fun edible playdough recipes!
- Make this homemade bubble solution.
- Your kids will think these pranks for kids are hilarious.
- My kids love these active indoor games.
- These fun crafts for kids could turn your day around in 5 minutes!