Why are Pennies Glued to Kids Shoes?The trend started with one mom who saw a need and found an easy and inexpensive way to solve it. The problem? Tap dance shoes are EXPENSIVE (a good pair can cost $30+) so, she decided to make her own. Simply take a pair of your kids shoes (preferably a pair they don’t wear often) and glue pennies on the top and bottom. Then BAM they have tap dancing shoes and it cost you pennies to make, literally!
And parents everywhere are doing the same. Don’t have a tap dancer? No problem! You can do the same thing and just allow your kid to head outside to make some noise. Just imagine all the fun they’ll have! Brilliant, right?
If your kids like to make noise, here’s a fun new way! Glue Pennies on the bottoms of their play shoes, and voila! pic.twitter.com/gBdTo3wAlq— Yankee Toy Box (@YankeeToyBox) April 21, 2014
Another Reason to Glue Pennies to Your Child ShoesIf you have a very quiet child that is hard to locate in the house…pennies might work in that situation too. I am just sayin’…
More Penny Fun & Hacks from Kids Activities Blog
- What happens when you drop a penny from the Empire State Building?
- Make a penny floor!
- How many drops of water can fit on a penny? Check out this fun kids experiment!
- These cool lego ideas are some of our favorite hacks on Kids Activities Blog.
- Grab these genius organization hacks for the classroom!
- Purse organization has never been easier with these super easy hacks and tips.
- You know you need Barbie hacks!
- Life hacks. Life is easier and more fun with ’em!