I’ve been seeing things pop up where parents are glueing pennies to the bottom of their kids’ shoes and at first I was confused.
My first thought was, is it to help keep them close? But nope, the actual reason is quite brilliant.
Why are Pennies Glued to Kids Shoes?
The trend started with one mom who saw a need and found an easy and inexpensive way to solve it.
Tap dance shoes are EXPENSIVE (a good pair can cost $30+) so, she decided to make her own.
Simply take a pair of your kids shoes (preferably a pair they don’t wear often) and glue pennies on the top and bottom.
Then BAM they have tap dancing shoes and it cost you pennies to make, literally!
If your kids like to make noise, here’s a fun new way! Glue Pennies on the bottoms of their play shoes, and voila! pic.twitter.com/gBdTo3wAlq
— Yankee Toy Box (@YankeeToyBox) April 21, 2014
And parents everywhere are doing the same.
Don’t have a tap dancer?
You can do the same thing and just allow your kid to head outside to make some noise. Just imagine all the fun they’ll have!
Another Reason to Glue Pennies to Your Child Shoes
If you have a very quiet child that is hard to locate in the house…pennies might work in that situation too.
I am just sayin’…
More Penny Fun & Hacks from Kids Activities Blog
- What happens when you drop a penny from the Empire State Building?
- Make a penny floor!
- How many drops of water can fit on a penny? Check out this fun kids experiment!
- These cool lego ideas are some of our favorite hacks on Kids Activities Blog.
- Grab these genius organization hacks for the classroom!
- Purse organization has never been easier with these super easy hacks and tips.
- You know you need Barbie hacks!
- Life hacks. Life is easier and more fun with ’em!
Have you ever heard of gluing pennies on shoes? Have you added pennies to your kids shoes at home?