Self-watering planters that use animal tongues to drink the water? This is extreme cuteness!
I always forget to water my plants. Or I over-water. Self-watering plants are a necessity for my house.
This article contains affiliate links.
Self-Watering Animal Planters that Drink with Their Tongue
So, I need a self-watering planter. I want a cute planter. And I found these adorable animal planters that drink with their tongue! The first ones I found were the dinosaur self-drinking planters.
Self-Watering Dinosaur Planters
These Drinking Dinosaur Planters seem like the perfect way to keep plants healthy and watered, without over or under watering them.
These super cute dinosaurs come in three varieties:
- Triceratops self-watering planter filled with sweet basil that has a blue licking tongue
- Stegosaurus self-watering planter filled with lucky clover that has a pink licking tongue
- Tyrannosaurus Rex self-watering planter filled with wild strawberry that has a purple licking tongue
Each one is made of ceramic so they double as the cutest little decor pieces.
Self-Watering Plant Kits from Greenzaurus
The kits come with their plants ready to grow. All you need to do is follow these simple steps to get the self-watering plants happy and healthy and growing…
- Just remove the dinosaur, set up the little potted plant in their backs
- Place water in the ceramic bowl
- Allow the dinosaurs to drink the water via their big slurpy tongues.
Your dinosaur knows the perfect amount of water for them and you won’t need to worry about guessing.
Using the Planters to Start Plants
Once the plants have outgrown their little dinosaur starter pots, you can transfer them to larger pots and replant a new start or just enjoy your dinosaur statues.
It’s a great project with kids too, knowing that the plants will be properly watered.
These adorable drinking dinosaurs are available and are the only dinosaur self-watering planters I could find.
More Self Watering Animal Tongue Planters You Might Love
I need a bunch of these at home, but I was also thinking this makes a really cute gift for just about anyone, no matter the age. Kids will love them because they are cute and awesome and adults will think they are adorable and know what a gift self-watering can be!
Self-Watering Animal Planter 4 Pack
Buy these cute self-watering planters on Amazon.
This set of 4 Watering Animal Planter Self Watering Planter Drinking Animal Tongue Cute Style Ceramic Mini Backpack Plant Pot (whew, that is hard to say 3 times really fast) contains:
- Cat planter with wild strawberry
- Dog planter with clover
- Frog planter with mint
- Panda planter with basil
Polar Bear Self Watering Animal Drinking Planter
Buy this cute polar bear self-watering planter on Amazon.
It is a Mcgreen self watering animal planter drinking animal tongue cultivation DIY mini ceramic plant pots home office desktop white bear (again, who comes up with this stuff?).
You can also get some other variations of self-watering animal planters:
- Pink pig
- Lucky monkey
- Cute bear
More Plant Growing Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Plant your pencil with these genius seedlings!
- Check out how to grow beans at home from store-bought beans.
- Grow a mini ecosystem with this terrarium idea…soooo fun & easier than you think.
- Love this sugar skull planter idea!
- Holy moly…this is so fun. It is a Christmas succulent tree!
- Or what about these scary cute Halloween succulents?
- And of course, stop by for the best priced Costco succulents.
- This magical fairy garden kit is awesome too.
- Things for kids to do in the garden by age can help you find exactly the best activity for your budding gardener. Get it? Budding?
- Have you seen the IKEA beehome?
- Love, love, love these potato grow bags! It is like a window to the growing world.
- Grow a bean tent garden in your backyard.
- Make a wooden spoon craft in less than 5 minutes! <–it is a cute scarecrow for your container garden.
- Create a full plastic box greenhouse with things you already have at home!
- Grow avocado seed in a bowl at home…I have done this so many times and it is fun.
- Grow an air plant garden inside!
Which is your favorite tongue drinking, self watering, adorable animal and dinosaur planter?