Looking for some garden inspiration that your kids will also love? Then you’re going to love these ideas for bean pole garden tents.
We first discovered the wonder of these garden tents on a visit to our local arboretum. The tent quickly became my children’s favorite spot. After all, it’s a tent made out of plants. It’s whimsical, cute, and fun. And bonus: these tents makes the perfect hideaway for kids of all ages.
How to Make a Garden Tent
This is one of the easiest DIY garden projects ever. Seriously. All you need to make a garden tent are a few items that you can pick up at the local hardware store or order online. Supplies include poles or tall wooden sticks, string (or twine), and some soil. Alternatively, you can even buy a pre-made tent trellis kit, like this one on Amazon.
Next, choose what plants will grow up the tent. Pole bean seeds are a popular option. I know if we pick this option, my son will totally eat all the beans.
But if you and your kids prefer flowers, choose from among an array of annual climbing flowers too! The kids will totally get a kick out of seeing them grow up the poles.
Setup is easy peasy. First create the tent using the poles or sticks. Tie them together with the string, then add some soil around the base to stabilize the tent. Last but not least: plant those seeds around the base of the tent!
This is a fabulous backyard lesson for kids too. Not only can they get involved in building the tent, but they’ll also learn a ton about gardening as well as how plants grow.
Because, no, those seeds won’t grow overnight, but the garden tent will still be a magical hide out in the meantime!
OTHER ACTIVITIES KIDS LOVE:
- Make your own headband with buttons for mask.
- Check out our favorite halloween games.
- You will love playing these 50 science games for kids!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5-minute crafts solve boredom every time.
- These fun facts for kids are sure to impress.
- Join one of your kids’ favorite authors or illustrators for online story time!
- Throw a unicorn party… because why not? These ideas are so fun!
- Learn how to make a compass.
- Create an Ash Ketchum costume for play pretend!
- Kids love unicorn slime.
- Throw a baby shark party!
- Make a homemade bouncy ball.
- Make reading even more fun with this PBKids summer reading challenge.