We adore LEGOs
at our house which is why we have spent so much time trying to figure out how to wrangle them. Millions and millions of little pieces can wreck havoc on a normally tidy house.
I recently collected a bunch of LEGO organization ideas
and today am following up with that thought with 12 homemade LEGO tables
12 Genius LEGO Tables
The first LEGO table hack on this list is mine. After much research, this is what I came up with. The supplies included a table from IKEA which was pretty inexpensive. The expensive part was the LEGO base plates – those can really add up.
The good news is that years later, the LEGO table is still active and looks brand new. It is something that my boys use daily which makes the investment totally worth it.
How to Build a LEGO Table
– This is the ultimate solution for our family. Because I have three boys, we now have three of these! They work amazingly for building and storage.
– This coffee table makeover from I Heart Organizing uses a chalkboard paint for the base of LEGO play.
LEGO Table with Storage
– This coffee table height LEGO table has shelves for storage bins underneath. What an amazing place to play from Centsational Girl!
DIY Plastic Desk
– This table is really a desk and has tons of storage. It is created with inexpensive plastic components.
LEGO Table with Hanging Baskets
– Kojo Designs created this lovely building table with all sorts of unique storage.
Wood LEGO Table
– This is an heirloom piece of furniture! Love the entire project from Hub Pages.
IKEA End Table Transformation
– This compact building center is perfectly sized for Duplo play from Meet the Dubiens.
IKEA LEGO Desk Hack
– That Mommy Blog shows another great IKEA hack with this LEGO storage and play desk that could be expanded for multiple kids. I also love that the desk height is adjustable as the child grows.
LEGO Coffee Table
- Is it a coffee table or is it a LEGO building center? This idea from Apartment Therapy is genius for living rooms that don't want to be all kid all the time.
Hide-away LEGO Tray
- This is pure genius from Thrifty Decor Chick! She created a low profile tray that slips under the couch for a LEGO play surface.
Drawers Under Table
- This shows how to add sliding bins underneath a LEGO table top from Ikea Hackers.
- My favorite part of this is the "field" on top! This is doll house meets LEGO in a very creative way from Ikea Hackers.
BONUS! We just found this crazy-amazing 80s coffee table makeover from Infarrantly Creative that created an awesome low LEGO table
More LEGO Hacks
I have found that the most important thing in keeping LEGO bricks under control is a place to store them and a place to play with them. It is hard for my boys to "put away" all their LEGO creations which is why a table where they can leave them out and play has worked so well for us.
Check out our LEGO organization ideas
And if you are planning a LEGO party
, this article might come in helpful!
Bring your LEGOs to life with these awesome LEGO sticker packs!
Do you have a LEGO table at home? Please post pictures and tips on our FB page
- we love to see what you have done!
If you are looking for another option, you will love this 2 in 1 Activity Table with Lego Board
. It's perfect for any LEGO enthusiast.