Today we are making cheap Halloween decorations from treasures found at the Dollar store with some magical Halloween craft wizardry. Dollar Tree Halloween decor can be made even better with some paint and strategic use of a glue gun. Take inspiration from these cheap Halloween decor ideas and make the your own.
DIY cheap Halloween decorations with these Dollar Tree Hacks!
Finding the best Halloween decorations and Halloween craft ideas at the store is fun, but it is a major victory when you can find it at the dollar store! No one wants to invest a lot of money in Halloween decorations that will be stored away within a couple of weeks for next year.
I love these ideas of how to transform Dollar Tree Halloween finds on the cheap!
Dollar Tree Halloween Crafts
1. Craft a Halloween Luminary
I love finding awesome Halloween projects to make my house look festive for cheap. Where I live, the nearest craft store is 25 miles away, so I love finding potential crafts using items from the Dollar Store!
2. Grab a Soda Bottle at the Dollar Store
Turn an empty soda bottle into a black bat!
3. Make a Halloween Night Light
Turn a plain glass jar into a kid-friendly Halloween night light with this tutorial from Love and Marriage.
4. Dollar Store Pumpkin Plate Craft
An orange plate from the Dollar Store easily transforms into a fun pumpkin plate for kids!
5. Make a Creepy Frame for Halloween Decor
This creepy framed mummy from The Navage Patch looks expensive but really it was just made from Dollar Store materials!
Dollar Tree Halloween Decorations to DIY
6. Dollar Store Candle Halloween Transformation
Take plain, white candles and turn them into spooky Halloween candles for your home with this tutorial from Today’s Creative Life.
7. Gold Paint for Halloween Decor Magic
Spray paint plastic pumpkins gold for a gorgeous Halloween centerpiece with this gorgeous idea from Hip 2 Save.
8. Decorate Your Hair for Halloween
I can’t wait to try this idea from Just a Girl and Her Glue Gun, to make some adorably sweet monster hair clips!
9. Spooky Soap Decor
Grab a bag of plastic spider rings for party favors, and then put them into soap molds to make your own creepy soap.
10. Eyeball Outside Halloween Decorations
Make spooky eyeballs for your bushes with cheap plastic pumpkins with this easy craft from via Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons.
11. Dollar Store Haunted Village
Create a haunted Halloween village by spray painting cheap ceramic Christmas houses from the Dollar Store! We love this clever idea from The 36th Avenue! Add some spider web decorations and you are good for haunting.
Dollar Tree Halloween Decor to embellish
12. Halloween Table Decor for a Dollar
Paint and distress inexpensive foam pumpkins to turn them into beautiful Halloween table decor with a fun tutorial from The Kim Six Fix.
13. DIY Halloween Cake Stand
Make a Halloween cake stand with a Dollar Store plate and bowl, with this brilliant hack from Hawthorne and Main.
14. Paper Cups Turned into Halloween Characters
Spice up plain paper cups, turning them into into pumpkins and Frankenstein with this craft from Simple As That.
15. Skull Wreath from Dollar Store Finds
Make an epic skull wreath for the front door with some foam decor from the Dollar Store or plastic skulls, for a fraction of the cost of buying one, with Tried & True‘s tutorial.
16. Eyeball Lantern…Need I Say More?
This Halloween eyeball lantern is the coolest! Kids have so much fun making it!
How to have a budget friendly Dollar Store Halloween
1. Local Dollar Store Shopping Tips
The biggest secret to finding the best Dollar Store Halloween hacks, is keeping an open mind. When you go in to the store, have a loose idea of the decorations you are hoping to create, but stay flexible enough that your creativity and imagination can work with whatever you might find!
I have found some of the pieces for my favorite Halloween crafts in aisles outside of the Halloween section:
- glow sticks
- tea light or votive candles
- mason jars or other plain glass jars
- plastic spiders
- spider web material
- string lights
- wreath forms
- paper lanterns
- black spray paint or metallic spray paint
2. Shop Together for Cheap Halloween Decorations
Shop with a buddy so that you can save even more money, splitting things that might come in larger quantities. Host a girl’s night Halloween crafting session, after, so that you can craft together!
3. Craft Supplies Stock Up
The Dollar Store is also a great place to stock up on hot glue gun stick refills, paints, glitter, and many other rafting supplies, too!
4. Beyond what Dollar Tree Sells
Also, keep an eye out at garage sales and thrift stores for more potential finds to upcycle into Halloween decor!
More Halloween Decorations & Crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- More DIY Halloween decorations and easy ideas that you can do, have fun & save money.
- Make your own Halloween grave decorations.
- Check out these pumpkin decorating ideas and the entire family can get involved!
- Play Halloween games together! Many of these Halloween game ideas are created from simple things you already have around the house.
- And oh so many Halloween crafts! Love this so much!
- Make your own Halloween drawings as a Halloween art project to display as Halloween decorations!
- Our easy pumpkin carving stencils printable are fun and easy to use.
- Next time you have a Halloween party or celebration, check out this spooky dry ice drinks idea as Halloween drink for kids.
- We have the best easy Halloween crafts around!
- Oh so many fun Halloween food ideas!
- Super fun Halloween ideas for kids!
- Have you seen this really fun list of Halloween door decorations that you can do for your Halloween front porch?
- How cute is this vampire decoration? Perfect for Halloween!
What is your favorite Dollar Store Halloween decoration idea? What have you found at the dollar store for Halloween lately?