My family loves celebrating the New Year. Â It seems like such a good time to spend together and take a little extra time to remember all the fun we had the year before. Â We love this project of making a family time capsule.
And don’t forget the NYE party snacks for kids…we have you covered there!
No matter what age our kids, this is something that can be done as a family. Â We make a time capsule!
Make a Family Time Capsule
It is fun to be working together to put together a family time capsule to remember theÂ memories and things that we don’t want to forget in the coming years.
Our capsule isn’t fancy, we start with decorating an oldÂ shoe box. Â The kids can choose from paint, stickers, and glitter glue – whatever their hearts desire for time capsule decoration!Â Once the box is as beautiful as it can be, we’ll start working on the contents.
What to Put in a Time Capsule
Here are some ideas that you might want to include in a family time capsuleÂ that will help tell your story of the year:
- Pictures of each family member
- A list of accomplishments and successes
- Current height and weight
- Favorite things.Â This list could get really long.Â Think of favoritesÂ such as food, sport, color, school class, song, movie, ice cream flavor, book, TVÂ show, birthday present, best friend, etc.
- Most wonderful memory from this holiday season
- A small momento such as a small toy or other cherished keepsake
- Predictions for the coming year such as how much taller children thing they will grow or for adults, which two teams will make it to the Big Game!
What is really fun about a family time capsule is that we get to open it up again in oneÂ year.Â Next New Year’s Eve we’ll open our time capsule andÂ relive all the wonderful memories and see how our predictions came out.
Do you have special ways that you celebrate New Year’s Eve as a family? Â Come on over to our FB page and tell us all about it!