Ring in 2021 with this pack of three free happy New Year printables for kids which include a NYE I Spy Game, Happy New Year coloring page that can double as a banner and a New Year Word Search.
As a parent, NYE is often called the longest night of the year! Staying up until (actual) midnight to celebrate is optional, but here at Kids Activities Blog, we just want to make sure each minute of that longest night of the year is filled with NYE fun.
You may need some extra stuff to keep them busy until midnight. We completely agree with Kristen who commented on our FB page about NYE activities for kids,commented on our FB page about NYE activities for kids, “Staying home with my kids so this will be awesome.”
Download & Print New Year Printables for Kids
There is a super fun coloring page to color with lots of fireworks, party hats and other fun things. We’ve got something for the word search lovers too and this one should keep them busy for a while.
They’ll also get to work on their numbers with a fun I Spy page – perfect to warm them up for the countdown.
This printable holiday pack has 3 pages:
- Happy New Year coloring page with champagne glasses, party hats, stars & festive swirls in black and white ready for your child to color or paint.
- Simple NYE Word Search printable for kids. Large, bold letters that are easy to read and circle with a word bank of New Year Eve words to find.
- New Year I Spy Game is a colorful group of NYE themed items to find: party hats, fancy glasses, clock striking midnight…and more!
Print these at home on your computer’s printer to use with family and friends.
Download & Print: New Year Printable Pack
Use the Free NYE Printables for Your Party Games
If you are staying home for a family celebration or inviting over some friends, these simple new year celebration downloads can give you time to visit with your ADULT guests. Here are some of our favorite party ideas:
- Print the new years word search pages (enough for each kid guest) ahead of time and set them out on a solid surface floor or table near the front door. As the guests enter, invite the kids to start with this “gathering” activity with other kids. It can help break the ice and encourage kids to interact with each other to help find the more challenging words in the word search.
- Early in the night, gather the kids to color the Happy New Year coloring pages with a variety of colors (and if you are brave, glue & glitter) and then hang them up on a clothes line “banner” on the fireplace or central area with clothes pins as the party decorations.
- Give out fun prizes for the most creative, colorful or festive colored page.
- Start with the printed I Spy Game and move on to I Spy in-real-life. Use it as a game starter and let the kids take over the game.
More New Year’s Eve Ideas
Keep the little ones entertained with these 10 exciting New Year activities!
These New Year’s Eve snacks for kids are sure to be a big hit.
Plan a special New Year’s Eve party for the kids.
Be sure to print out these fun free New Year Printables.
How are you planning to spend New Year’s Eve? Tell us all about your New Year’s Eve plans below in the comments…