Thanks for sending us some of your kids best pranks. Here at Kids Activities Blog, we like our fun silly.
Pranks for Kids
1. Tape the light switch so they can’t flip it. For younger kids, used colored tape. For older kids clear molded to the shape of the switch is best. Make them wonder why the light is not moving!
2. Decorate a sponge as a piece of cake, coat it with icing and let it sit out on the counter. See if they can resist taking a bite.
3. Replace the eggs in the carton with “naked eggs” – the science experiment. The kids will be in awe of the squishy giant eggs (and yes, they are edible, but taste awful!)
4. Have a note appear in the toilet paper, as they pull on the roll, the message pulls out at them. You need tape, toilet paper, and a unknowing participant.
5. Dig out the old baby monitors, keep the “baby” side with you and put the adult one where your kids are, as they do something innocuous shriek at them “Someone’s watching!”
6. Make meatloaf cupcake muffins – they will look like cupcakes, make the kids think they have a really “special” dinner.
7. “Put a raisin inside a napkin. In your other hand pretend you just whacked a fly with the swatter. Go to pick up the fly with the napkin and then eat the raisin (fly)” – from Oh She Two She
8. Short sheet their beds. My grandmother did this once to me growing up. I climbed into bed and only had a foot or two of sheets. I had to re-make my bed laughing the entire time! If only my kids made their beds I could do this one on them.
9. Use the pull poppers in a variety of pranks. One reader says that they “would tie them to the door handles and then to something out side the room. So when they open the door it would pull and pop the popper.”
10. Are your kids tender-hearted? Maybe you can prank them with love? One mom said that while her kids were gone, she “made their beds all cute with their toys all set up Toy Story-ish. Then gave them a hard time about hurrying up to get their beds made if they don’t want to get in trouble. Super surprised and delighted to see the set up.”
11. Another reader’s sneaky brother (uncle to the kids) “would hide in the closet with a mask on then call the home phone with his cell phone and ask the kids to go in and get something out of the closet then when they would come in he would jump out at them.” Uncles are the best big kids!!
12. Another reader said that she pranked her child by pouring their cereal and milk the night before and freezing it. “In the morning put a little milk on the surface so it doesn’t look suspicious and serve it to them. My kids tried to dig in and gave me the funniest looks!”
13. Our last suggestion is one of my favorites…pick a ridiculous argument. Choose a silly side of an argument and start arguing with your child. I usually start with something like, “Stop begging! No matter how hard you fight, I just won’t allow you to go to school.” It catches them off-guard and then they start automatically arguing the other side. No matter what they say, keep misquoting them and pushing your silly argument. This often works well for bedtime battles because eventually they are just worn out by the ridiculousness.
Above all…have fun!